2020/10/01 22:18:14
flyinion
Sajin
If it was a driver issue you could make the issue go away by installing a really old driver. If it's an amd agesa issue you could fix it by updating/downgrading the version. You could also test the card in another computer that isn't an amd system. I'm guessing underclocking both the core & memory to max negative clocks inside msi afterburner did nothing?

I didn't try the core.  However yesterday I did underclock the VRAM by 500 in Precision and the OCCT VRAM test ran for like 6 minutes before it bombed out.  Not possible to test the card elsewhere even if I had another PC.  It's a Hydro Copper SKU so I don't have an air cooler to put on it and of course it's installed into a cooling loop right now.  I'll try underclocking both right now in Precision and see what happens.  If it fixes it what does that indicate?  My guess though is it probably actually is slowly failing since it seems to be having the issue more often with folding in the last couple months (though I've only been folding since late March).  
2020/10/01 22:25:35
Sajin
Could indicate two possible issues. A faulty card, or a possible psu issue. I'm guessing your machine passes the occt power supply test though?
2020/10/01 22:41:42
flyinion
Sajin
Could indicate two possible issues. A faulty card, or a possible psu issue. I'm guessing your machine passes the occt power supply test though?

I’ll double check that as well. I’d expect it to. It’s only a year old and I haven’t seen anything odd with the voltages. Also currently max underclock I’m 21 minutes into the VRAM test with no issues.
2020/10/01 22:45:58
Sajin
21 minutes in. 
2020/10/01 23:09:32
flyinion
Sajin
21 minutes in. 

Yep, it ran for 30 minutes 51 iterations before I gave up and stopped it.  No errors or any issues.  Set the clocks back to stock and ran the PSU test for 5 minutes (wasn't sure how long to run it).  CPU topped out at 79C (I really need to get and try the offset brackets for my block for Zen 2 chips) and the GPU topped at 53C which is about the highest I've ever seen it.  Max memory temps was the bank between the GPU chip and the power stages at 53C also.  No errors in the PSU test.  Should I have run that for longer?  If not, any thoughts on what this indicates?  Sounds like you were thinking that meant it's the card from what I understood from your other posts.
2020/10/01 23:13:12
Sajin
Psu test should run for at least 30 minutes imo. Still looking to be a card issue atm.
2020/10/02 00:10:16
flyinion
Sajin
Psu test should run for at least 30 minutes imo. Still looking to be a card issue atm.

Yep I think you're right.  Just let it run for 30 minutes on the PSU test and no issues.  I also double check  my EAR details so it does look like I have access to cross shipping along with Saturday delivery if needed (obviously not this coming one, just that in general I have access to it).  So if it does need to get replaced at least it's "functional" until then. For now.  Definitely no more Folding at least until I hear back from Support and we figure out what's going to happen.  At least I have a valid warranty, just sucks to have a card fail like this especially in the middle of a new GPU series launch.
2020/10/02 00:15:07
Sajin
Glad I could help you figure it out. 
2020/10/07 09:42:51
flyinion
Finally heard back on my Support request.  They want me to try modifying this registry entry.  I don't really see how that's going to fix it doing that display corruption, but I guess I'll try it.  Not sure what values to try in there though.  

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/display/tdr-registry-keys#tdrdelay

2020/10/07 11:25:33
Sajin
Seriously? You shouldn’t have to do that.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account