2020/10/02 11:49:40
yaggaz
MrMichaelJames
If someone "needs" stimulus checks they probably shouldn't be buying pc hardware...

The point of a stimulus check isn't to pay bills, even though most will actually do that.  The point of a stimulus check is to stimulate the economy.   They want people to go out and buy stuff on a mass scale so that the economy is given a huge jolt,  which theoretically is meant to keep businesses going, create new jobs, etc
2020/10/02 12:32:44
Flybye
I won’t have a problem keeping Newegg alive. Hmm...I’ve been eyeing that Weber grill though. 😊
2020/10/02 13:13:39
MrMichaelJames
yaggaz
MrMichaelJames
If someone "needs" stimulus checks they probably shouldn't be buying pc hardware...

The point of a stimulus check isn't to pay bills, even though most will actually do that.  The point of a stimulus check is to stimulate the economy.   They want people to go out and buy stuff on a mass scale so that the economy is given a huge jolt,  which theoretically is meant to keep businesses going, create new jobs, etc

Yes that is the technical point of it, but enough people are out of work and don't have any income that you really shouldn't turn around and spend it. If you aren't socking away money for a bad day that's where it should go, stimulus checks rarely actually stimulate much of anything.
2020/10/02 13:18:35
DarkTAO
MrMichaelJames
yaggaz
MrMichaelJames

Yes that is the technical point of it, but enough people are out of work and don't have any income that you really shouldn't turn around and spend it. If you aren't socking away money for a bad day that's where it should go, stimulus checks rarely actually stimulate much of anything.

If you're not spending all your money on TSLA calls, what is life worth living for anyway?
2020/10/02 14:40:40
John1019
I can’t imagine either side being willing to compromise and pass anything until after the election out of fear of helping the othe side or appearing weak. Depending on how close the results come out and any associated drama progress will probably be delayed even longer. So if it happens, it will probably roll in with 3080 availability. 
2020/10/02 14:46:17
atfrico
We are getting one or i consider myself a hippie going forward😼
2020/10/02 16:14:52
JGLuxe
MrMichaelJames

I can tell you weren't here where we had to bag on a member for focusing on PC Hardware while struggling to pay the bills lol.

Let them game until the power  goes out XD
2020/10/03 00:27:50
yaggaz
JGLuxe
MrMichaelJames

I can tell you weren't here where we had to bag on a member for focusing on PC Hardware while struggling to pay the bills lol.

Let them game until the power  goes out XD

Now I'm picturing somebody on the corner with a hand drawn message on a cardboard sign "Will co-op in your game for food."
2020/10/03 01:41:17
yaggaz

Financial advisers: You should always have enough money saved to cover three months of all your bills.

Corona Virus Furlough for 5 months has entered the chat...
2020/10/04 12:27:53
MrMichaelJames
This virus has done wonders for my spending. I used to commute 60 miles a day, $300 in tolls a month, daily lunches out about $10 a day so about $200+ In lunches a day. Then add on gas refill every week. Now I’m spending no money on tolls, not using any gas at all maybe fill once a month. Eating lunch at the house and the whole family is not going out for dinner. The savings have been tremendous and we have now gotten used to it. Or as my wife would say “I’ve been social distancing before it was required”.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account