• Folding@EVGA
  • GPU FOLDING GETS A POWERUP WITH NVIDIA CUDA SUPPORT! (p.3)
2020/10/04 05:39:07
GTXJackBauer
Wondering what a pair of GTX 760s would get.  Might fire them up.  

Bummer I'm stuck with two 780 Classified Hydro Coppers.  Would have been nice if they were also on air.

Either way, this is great news and my 2080 Ti Black is currently singing to this one Core 22 project. lol
2020/10/04 07:23:48
Caffeinated_Sarcasm
I don't know if it's the update or if FAH took off the kid gloves for me, but I've noticed a bit more GPU utilization, a fair amount more heat, and more complicated WUs.
PPD went through the roof, too.
2020/10/04 12:21:57
Gunsvnvmc
Caffeinated_Sarcasm
I don't know if it's the update or if FAH took off the kid gloves for me, but I've noticed a bit more GPU utilization, a fair amount more heat, and more complicated WUs.

When NEVIDA unlocked the cuda cores it made a big jump in folding production . Have you got your pass key in order to get the bonus points?
2020/10/04 15:09:47
bill1024
I had issues loading CUDA on my Linux box, found out I had to update my drivers to newer ones.
Was running 390, now running 450 and it is working fine
2020/10/06 21:19:16
kougar
Caffeinated_Sarcasm

That would be the CUDA projects. They are the most demanding workloads I've seen. My 1080 Ti is hitting power limits even at 120% and won't maintain 2050MHz because it can't get enough power to do so... never happened before with OpenCL projects or games.

These CUDA projects will really test if people's cards are stable or not.  Alas a bit of bad news, since my last post five days ago my PPD average has dropped to a smidge over 2.5m PPD. Still pretty nice, but not seeing anymore of those insane 3.5M projects I occasionally received at the start. 
2020/10/07 08:10:40
Opolis
Yes, it does seem like they mixed in some WUs that are slightly lower PPD recently.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account