2020/09/30 19:01:14
mchang1984
Most people will go for Air-Cooled cards.

Watercooling enthusiasts are a very niche small group of the total customer base. So I don't think anyone will want to buy these in large demand comparing to air-cooled cards because it requires custom watercooling which I have.

I won't buy if I cant add it to cart. Period. if I see scalpers buying it all up on ebay for the Hydro Copper, then oh well. Not buying it. They can eat cake, I only will buy from EVGA directly but only if I can do the purchase myself directly with EVGA.
2020/09/30 22:19:00
drunknfoo
CaliLife17

Last question is, and we might not know this yet, does the Hydrocopper have any type of active cooling on the back for the memory module on the 3090? I have only been able to find front shots of the card, so not sure what the backplate will look like.

Well if they dont, (don't think any others plan to) just slap 2 ram waterblocks on any backplate and you'll be good.
something I'll probably consider toying with once ekwb releases the ftw blocks.

don't think i'll have the patience to wait for a potential non existent heatkiller block. (they're gonna decide either on a strix or a ftw3, not both, cast your votes when they release the polls)

INB4 'restriction' comments, I run 2 pumps in my loop, and a lot of people underestimate what a single pump can handle =P

2020/10/01 14:48:32
kougar
mchang1984

Watercooling enthusiasts are a very niche small group of the total customer base. So I don't think anyone will want to buy these in large demand comparing to air-cooled cards because it requires custom watercooling which I have.

The problem is, that also means Hydrocoppers tend to be stocked in lower quantities so there's less to go around. I remember EVGA had a hell of a time keeping them stocked even with the 2000-series. This forum has a large number of people holding out for the hydrocopper, if the number of posts I've seen is anything to go by. If I do buy a 3080 myself, it would only be a 3080 HC. At least I have a few weeks to decide first... 
2020/10/01 14:52:58
Delirious
CraptacularOne
At this point I wouldn't even bother with 2 cards for SLI since it's effectively dead. Also SLI on 30 series cards will not work on anything DX11 and back and will only be supported in the future if the game supports mGPU natively. 
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5082

If you can't read between the lines, I'll make it clear for you that this is basically the end of SLI. If you purchase 2 cards at this point you are basically lighting $1500+ on fire just for the hell of it. 

I know someone doing that (not me) but I won't mention any names.  LOL
2020/10/01 15:03:47
chumeniuk
I was told that Optimus is making a block for the 3090 FTW3 and have a few in testing.  Was told by someone that is having their card used for fitment testing.

https://twitter.com/Optimus_WC/status/1300843678806671363

2020/10/01 19:28:34
drunknfoo
chumeniuk
I was told that Optimus is making a block for the 3090 FTW3 and have a few in testing.  Was told by someone that is having their card used for fitment testing.

hmm competition is always good, but man i see mixed reviews about optimus.
delayed launches, poor QC, support a bit lacking...

i sent an email requesting a bit more info about their direct die block... they still have yet to respond (now that i think about it)
(i be the one that shaved the silicon on the 9900k by more than 60%)

2020/10/02 09:43:13
CaliLife17
I have been Water-cooling GPU's for a long time so in regarding anytime of resale or anything like that isn't really a concern for me. 

Also NV-Link isn't only used for Gaming, so there are area's and applications that I could still benefit from having it, but that isn't really my concern either for me right now.

My main point of the thread was, It seem the only way to get an EVGA 3090 FTW PCB watercooled in 2020 will be the HC version of it correct? 

It doesn't seem at least for the FTW3 models that 3rd party Waterblocks seem to come much later. 

I know this is an EVGA board, but it seems if an EVGA 3090 Water-cooled board is going to be hard to come by either from EVGA directly, or 3rd party Waterblock, it seems the Asus top model 3090 would be the only other way to go? Seems 3rd party block support for Asus seems better, not sure why. 
2020/10/02 11:19:08
Mroberts95
chumeniuk

https://twitter.com/Optimus_WC/status/1300843678806671363

They currently have my 3090 FTW3 for water block testing.

It will probably be the first I can get my hands on etc.

If evga hydro copper blocks come out separately I’ll grab one of those as well just to test the difference etc.
2020/10/02 19:29:59
aman4672
Jacob said a Hydro Copper Kingpin is also in the works. forums.evga.com/3090-KingPin-m3074885.aspx
2020/10/02 23:52:19
mchang1984
Y
kougar
mchang1984

The problem is, that also means Hydrocoppers tend to be stocked in lower quantities so there's less to go around. I remember EVGA had a hell of a time keeping them stocked even with the 2000-series. This forum has a large number of people holding out for the hydrocopper, if the number of posts I've seen is anything to go by. If I do buy a 3080 myself, it would only be a 3080 HC. At least I have a few weeks to decide first... 

It makes a huge difference in temperature, You can usually go 30C lower in temps. What normally I would see at 80-85C in temps on an air-cooled card, I can instead see 45C in temps on a Watercooled card on a waterblock and that means slightly better and more stable overlocks. The other benefit is that you are not limited to just 3 fans. The sky is the limit and you can have as many radiators as you want and run at a low fan speed so that the system is silent. So I would argue that watercooling is not only for overclocking enthusiasts but also for audiophiles and gamers that just want the best sound experience in games without having their computers sounding like a Jet Engine.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account