2020/09/24 20:44:18
jump_ace
Hi all,

Since day one my EVGA 2080 Super Hybrid has had an issue where at random times, my monitor will go black for about a second.  I can't seem to track down the issue, it's just the DP, HDMI works just fine all day everyday.  Here's what troubleshooting I've done so far:
 - Tried a 2070 Super Hybrid, same issue almost immediately as well
 - Tried a different DP cable
 - Tried a different monitor
 - Tried a Corsair 750w 80+ Platinum p/s instead of my EVGA 750w 80+ gold p/s
 - The same DP cable and monitor work just fine using the onbaord DP on my motherboard, all day everyday
 - Tried the latest EVGA drivers
 - Turned off fast startup
 - Tried just microsoft drivers after using DDU to remove all the drivers
 - Tried a different PCI-E slot on my motherboard
 - Underclocked my VC about 10% (is around 40 degrees idle)
 - It doesn't matter what I'm running if anything, it's just random(?)
 - Zero BSODs with my PC it's about 3 months old
 - Not daisy chaining the power to the VC
 - Tried every DP on the VC
 - My +12v is rock solid at 12.172 (EVGA p/s) and 12.076 (Corsair p/s)
 - Updated MoBo firmware
 - Tried a different refresh rate, 59Hz, 144Hz and when I select 60Hz windows just flips it back to 59Hz.  Odd.
 - Disconnected my TV (using HDMI cable currently)
 - Changed the Nvidia control panel 3D settings > power mgt. mode to prefer maximum performance
 - No issues with the display coming back on after locking my computer for a few hours, it's set to never hibernate
 - The latest thing I tried just now was to turn off G-Sync...I am not holding out hope.

Some Specs:
 - Nothing is overclocked
 - Win 10 Pro x64
 - 32GB of Corsair Dominator DDR4 RAM running at spec
 - i5-9600K Corsair water-cooled unit
 - ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming LGA 1151 MoBo

Is there something else I can try outside of another motherboard?  I'd 'prefer' to not completely tear this apart and re-apply paste etc because my onboard DP works just fine as does the HDMI.  I want to say it's a driver issue, but I went down that road first.

I've googled this and so far I haven't had any success.  Any suggestions?  And thanks in advance!

Jerome
2020/09/25 06:59:37
aka_STEVE_b
Over the years , there has always been small little issues with Displayport / monitors & drivers.
 ..And sometimes it's just cheap cables....but... it's usually just quirks in the format between the code for the monitors & the code of the graphic drivers. 
  I've used 2 different monitors over the years that the monitor manufacturer even had to put out firmware updates just to fix displayport problems.  ( check your monitor maker for that also )

Not saying that is your issue , just pointing out how incredibly difficult it has been over the years for people to troubleshoot .

2020/09/25 07:24:16
jump_ace
That's not a bad idea Steve, I'll try that next, thanks!  Turning off G-Sync didn't make a difference.

No firmware available at the dell website for my 27" gaming monitor, o well.

Jerome
2020/10/02 11:46:31
jump_ace
Any other suggestions?

Jerome
2020/10/02 12:23:31
aka_STEVE_b
turn on/ or off hardware acceleration for the browser
turn on/ or off hardware acceleration for windows also .

Google search for the procedures.
2020/10/04 21:46:47
jump_ace
I tried that too and turned off the freesync option on my monitor, we'll see!

Jerome
2020/10/08 23:23:22
gregoryv
Hi. Did you find a source for your problem?
Recently I noticed similar issue with my new BenQ 4K monitor and 2080Ti XC Gaming.
I have two monitors connected to my GPU. BenQ 4K 32" connected via HDMI and Asus 34" connected via DP.
Randomly it going black for one two seconds (only BenQ). It happens very randomly during gaming.

2020/10/09 07:20:04
jump_ace
No I haven't yet.  I need to call Dell and get my monitor swapped under warranty, thats my next step.  So far the internet hasn't helped one bit.  I'll report back my findings once I do get the monitor replaced, though I'm expecting the exact same behavior because my onboard doesn't seem to produce the issue from what I can tell.

Jerome
2020/10/09 08:18:16
aka_STEVE_b
I also read that it can be a temporary restart of the Nvidia driver in Windows due to quick dropout/ crashes internally .... which is not a fix or help - just a FYI

and here's this too .. https://forums.evga.com/C...ng-Guide-m3046627.aspx
2020/10/09 10:59:32
Pizius
i have the same gpu, and sometimes it happened to me too.
but for me it has happened only at cold start of the pc, it booted into windows, then past 2-3 seconds, the monitor flashed and gone black for 1sec then worked normally.
but i found that if i switch on the monitor before the pc it would cause the issue, if i leave the monitor on stand by, never happened.
also some driver release can cause the issue, because if the card work ìs well in benchmark and games, i think it's a driver problem. but wait for more experied user

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account