2020/09/23 12:36:20
SniperWoolf87
Hello,

My 2 year old 2080 TI XC started displaying artifacting in more demanding games (Warzone, Horizon Zero Dawn, Sea of Thieves, etc...). I recorded some videos showing the artifacting:

Artifacting in Sea of Thieves: https:// www. youtube .com /watch?v=JCTAyIunFh4

You can see that there is some blinking orange-rectangle appearing all over the clouds. Underclocking from stock does not help. You can also see temps are under 78ºC.

Artifacting in Horizon Zero Dawn: https:// www. youtube .com /watch?v=406uFyHaoPU

You can see the textures are glitching and blinking near the bridge and in the mountain in the distance. I tried underclocking the card from stock to no avail.

Things I have tried so far with no luck:
  • Clear Direct-X cache
  • Reinstall GPU driver using Display Driver Uninstaller
  • Tried 5 different video drivers (currently running latest 456.38)
  • Underclock GPU using Evga Precision X1
  • Removing the GPU from system and reseating it.
  • Clearing CMOS and loading defaults
  • Trying an old 1050 Ti I had lying around in the system instead of the 2080 Ti --> Games do not have any artifacting.
  • Updating drivers / bios / windows updates

After all this testing I think that either the memory has gone bad or there is something wrong within the hardware texture units of the GPU. I would like to request an RMA, and have already written customer support a couple of days ago but havent had any response. What can i do?

Thanks,
Antonio

PS: Had to add spaces to the videos URL as the link was dissapearing
2020/09/23 16:58:28
Sajin
You say you underclocked the card. Did you underclock both the memory and core to max negative values via msi afterburner?
2020/09/23 23:57:54
SniperWoolf87
I used EVGA Precision X1 to do the underclocking (-1000Mhz to both core & memory). You can watch it in the videos i uploaded how i underclocked it realtime and it still maintained the artifacting. Should i use afterburner?
2020/09/24 00:47:34
Sajin
Just watched the videos. Yep, looks like you'll need to rma the card. If you want you can test the card in another known good working system to confirm the card is actually faulty before sending it off to rma.
2020/09/24 13:43:14
SniperWoolf87
Sajin, thanks for your response. Support team finally responded to my ticket, and i have initiated the RMA process. Lets hope it all goes smoothly!
2020/09/25 11:59:31
loyalty4life
Did you use afterburner?
2020/09/26 12:00:14
SniperWoolf87
loyalty4life
Did you use afterburner?

I was using afterburner to monitor the temps / clocks, but used Evga Precision X1 to do the underclocking of both memory and core. You can see it on the videos i uploaded. I have tried underclocking with MSI Afterburner and the same artifacting presented itself. I could record a video for you if you like.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account