2020/09/21 02:36:29
rjohnson11
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/storage/adata_s_xpg_gammix_s70_pcie_4_0_ssd_delivers_up_to_6400_mbps_write_speeds/1

ADATA has revealed its new GAMMIX S70 PCIe 4.0 SSD, boasting exceptionally high data rates levels with "unmatched read and write performance". ADATA has claimed that their GAMMIX S70 has the "distinction of being the world's fastest M.2 SSD", which is a big claim to make. 

In terms of sequential performance, ADATA's XPG S70 delivered sequential read/write speeds of up to 7400/6400 MBps. With NVMe 1.4 support, Dynamic SLC Caching and other advanced features, the ADATA XPG GAMMIX S70 delivers users levels of storage performance which are superior to PCIe 3.0 and SATA SSDs. The XPG GAMMIX S70 is also backwards compatible with PCIe 3.0, though slower PCIe configurations will limit this SSD's maximum performance.

To keep their SSDs cool under load, ADATA's XPG GAMMIX S70 ships with a proprietary CoolArmor heatsink design, which uses a terraced structure to increase the cooler's surface area and heat dissipation capabilities. This heatsink can reduce this S70's load thermals by up to 30%. When their XPG GAMMIX S70 launches, ADATA plans to ship their drives with 1TB and 2TB variants. ADATA has also assured us that all of their components within their S70 SSDs have "passed meticulous screening, testing, and certification to provide a reliability product of the highest quality."

The speeds are incredible but I wasn't able to find the cost. 

2020/09/21 12:05:51
aka_STEVE_b
Awesome tech , but that heatsink definitely won't fit alot of motherboards that have the M.2 slot  underneath the graphics card ...
2020/09/22 03:31:06
random_matt
Chunky, I do not need the heatsink. 
2020/09/22 08:50:57
castrator86
Looks like $179.99 for the 1TB, which is a pretty good deal... but it's out of stock everywhere I've looked for it.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account