2020/09/20 22:56:33
rjohnson11
https://www.techpowerup.com/272370/ek-water-blocks-for-rog-strix-nvidia-rtx-30-series-graphics-cards-now-available

EK, the leading computer cooling solutions provider, is ready to offer its premium high-performance GPU water block for ASUS ROG Strix edition NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics cards. This huge new water block is named EK-Quantum Vector Strix RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB, and it is very important to keep in mind that it's meant only for the ROG Strix graphics cards.

"For years now, each generation of ROG Strix edition full-cover water blocks was utilizing bridge covers to channel coolant over the tall capacitors in the VRM zone. This time around, the layout of the PCB allowed us to make a water block without a stainless-steel bridge cover, making the entire coolant flow path visible. Our engineering team also went the distance on the copper cold plate design that now extends over almost the full length of the PCB," said Edvard König, the founder of EK.

The EK-Quantum Vector Strix RTX 3080/3090 full-cover water blocks and backplates are made and assembled in Slovenia, Europe, and are available for pre-order through the EK Webshop. The water blocks and backplates are expected to ship out mid-October, or possibly even sooner. 

Prices will be shown on the EK website. 

Personally I like the fact that it covers the entire length of the PCB. That is a fantastic design effort. 

2020/09/21 05:16:24
Johnny_Utah

Those are lookin' lovely!  Can't wait to see a performance evaluation (on ANY block for that matter).  Interesting times ahead.

2020/09/21 08:15:29
aka_STEVE_b
nice looking , for sure.
2020/09/21 18:17:33
Brad_Hawthorne
The question I have always on my mind but never voice it, will this make those cards single slot compatible? Those that work up compute workstations will probably want to know.
2020/09/21 18:58:47
DEJ915
Brad_Hawthorne
The question I have always on my mind but never voice it, will this make those cards single slot compatible? Those that work up compute workstations will probably want to know.

The Strix and Tuf bot have a 2nd HDMI port so no they are 2 slot cards.
2020/09/21 23:37:04
atfrico
Come on throw the Red lightning in there😸
They are clean and elegant looking 4 sure
2020/09/22 02:55:29
kram36
I do not like the plexi glass barb holes, they crack way too easy.
2020/09/22 08:14:05
atfrico
kram36

You eventually are going to buy it 🙄😹😹🤔😹😹
2020/09/22 10:22:33
rjohnson11
kram36

EK's quality is usually very good. 
2020/09/22 11:17:34
kram36
rjohnson11
kram36

EK's quality is usually very good. 

Yes it is and the last plexi glass barb hole water block I used was from EK and the plexi glass spider-webbed crack around the barb holes. I also have a GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition water block from EK, took it apart to clean and found the nickle platting coming off. I thought EK fixed that issue? The only coolant I use in my system is PrimoChill Ice Clear coolant.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account