2020/09/20 06:42:53
the_Scarlet_one
While I haven’t seen it happen often, EVGA can change the card on the step up list over time (per their own rules) but I think their decision takes a lot more than user computer cases into account when they add or remove a card from the list.
2020/09/20 06:52:02
madpear
the_Scarlet_one
While I haven’t seen it happen often, EVGA can change the card on the step up list over time (per their own rules) but I think their decision takes a lot more than user computer cases into account when they add or remove a card from the list.

For sure.

My theory is that they need it to be a top tier card with higher margins to defray the cost of the program. That said, in the past this wasn't a problem very often with bigger cases and smaller GPUs. Moving forward, GPUs not fitting most cases will become increasingly common and this suggestion is an adaptation for the new landscape.
2020/09/20 07:07:33
kram36
the_Scarlet_one

I'm not asking EVGA to remove the FTW3, I want that card to stay. I would like for EVGA to also offer one of the smaller XC3 Gaming or Ultra cards. This would open up the Step Up to more buyers and take some time off of waiting for the people that want the FTW3 card as less people would be trying to Step Up to that card. The move to add one of the XC3 cards would a win for everyone.
2020/09/20 07:39:15
madpear
kram36
I'm not asking EVGA to remove the FTW3, I want that card to stay. I would like for EVGA to also offer one of the smaller XC3 Gaming or Ultra cards. This would open up the Step Up to more buyers and take some time off of waiting for the people that want the FTW3 card as less people would be trying to Step Up to that card. The move to add one of the XC3 cards would a win for everyone.

Excellent point: by spreading out the step up requests across multiple cards, you potentially reduce the wait for those in the queue dramatically. Maybe we late queuers could even get one before the 4000 series come out : )
2020/09/21 04:56:06
noahx64
I am also someone who would really like one of the 2.2 slot 3080s to be available for step up, will be watching the list closely for the possibility. Please add one, EVGA! We would appreciate it.
2020/09/21 05:01:59
Hoggle
I am just glad EVGA has the step up program in general and it's one of the reasons I like the brand.
2020/09/22 15:35:18
Waxy2k11
Cheers to that!
2020/09/24 05:50:25
themartian86
Just to add to this I have a larger mid tower case but would also like to see this as well. I tend to pack in additional PCI-E cards in my personal mutlti purpose builds and just plain prefer cards that fit standard form factors.   Please consider
2020/09/24 20:43:34
dakkottadavviss
I'd definitely prefer the XC3 for step up. I have the 2080 Super FTW3 with a PC-O11 Dynamic. I have to force the side panel shut on the PCIe power cables. They put the power connectors on the very end of the card rather than recessing them like the Strix models do. My card is 139mm long and the XC3 is close to 30mm smaller, which would make it fit in my case. I also might be able to control my fan curve in MSI afterburner since the XC3 doesn't have the asynchronous fan control.
2020/09/25 08:49:45
skreacher
dakkottadavviss
I'd definitely prefer the XC3 for step up. I have the 2080 Super FTW3 with a PC-O11 Dynamic. I have to force the side panel shut on the PCIe power cables. They put the power connectors on the very end of the card rather than recessing them like the Strix models do. My card is 139mm long and the XC3 is close to 30mm smaller, which would make it fit in my case. I also might be able to control my fan curve in MSI afterburner since the XC3 doesn't have the asynchronous fan control.

have you considering doing a vertical mount? it's what i ended up doing, I feel like it looks better and solves the side panel issue.. with intake fans at the bottom it creates fresh air to flow as well.

I did have to use the phantek vertical mount though, the lian-li one leaves the video card too close to the fans for it to work.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account