2020/09/14 07:00:25
AlexeyIzi
Hello ! I have EVGA RTX 2080 Super FTW3 Hydro Copper.
Yesterday I finally assembled the computer of my dreams, but I was not happy for long. First of all after checking the system for leaks, I decided to update the BIOS ver.:2206 (Mother Board - ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula (Orig. BIOS ver.:0803))
Next, I made a bootable flash with windows 10 and started installing the OS and already at the stage of filling out the account, the monitor turned black, for a split second, white pixels appeared obliquely and everything hung. Then there was a reboot with a button and again a black screen. Restarting and restoring the OS again, but it didn't help. After two more attempts to install the OS, it was still possible to install Windows 10 and even download and install drivers for chipset, audio. We also managed to download the latest graphics driver from the official nvidia website, but at the time of installing the graphics core, the system again crush with white pixels on a black screen. After that, the OS does not boot, the computer does recovery and debugging, but this does not help. After the next recovery, I went into the command line and, through the "notepad" command, I watched the windows boot log - no errors. Boot status indicates that the operating system booted successfully.
I enclose a photo:

I'm not 100% sure if this is a video card, but there are certain symptoms. In Safe Mode (no load) everything works as it should. Everything is fine in BIOS too, but it is worth a little load on the video card and then crush and freeze.
Has anyone come across a similar one? What to do ? I ask for help !

Attached Image(s)

2020/09/14 07:57:48
bob16314
Sounds like the 2080 is bad or you have an insufficient PSU..Try another card or try your card in another PC..If you have a CPU with Radeon Vega Graphics, remove the 2080 and see how your PC works. 
2020/09/14 08:45:04
Cool GTX
Welcome to the EVGA Forums

Sorry to see your having issues with your new build

Very Nice looking Rig

I cant read your photos ... they are not in English ... maybe use Google - GTranslate

Many different thing could be part of the issue, especially on a new build

The downside to building a custom loop - very hard to move the GPU

Confirm all connections, GPU is fully locked into PCIe slot & All power connections - on both ends of modular PSU

Comprehensive Windows 10 Black Screen Trouble shooting Guide

Try removing all power from the PC, hold start button to discharge capacitors, then plug everything back in --> this will Force a true Cold Boot

Your FTW3 GPU has several BIOS positions ... try one of the other BIOS position ... tiny switch on side of card

When making a New build - or clean reinstall of Windows 10 ... disconnect from the internet, is important while installing drivers .. sometimes "Windows" will try to install their own driver ... if your off the internet, you can install the drivers you have already downloaded

Learn your way around the EVGA forums - Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

2020/09/14 11:04:07
AlexeyIzi
bob16314
Sounds like the 2080 is bad or you have an insufficient PSU..Try another card or try your card in another PC..If you have a CPU with Radeon Vega Graphics, remove the 2080 and see how your PC works. 

Followed your advice and replaced the 2080 Super with an old 750 Ti graphics card. Windows booted up immediately, the ver drivers were installed. 452.06 and in addition I ran a stress test (Furmark) for 45 minutes. Everything works perfectly with the old video card! Therefore, I can say with confidence that I have a defective video card.
Attach photos:

utc time now
utc time now

2020/09/14 12:33:54
aka_STEVE_b
Sucks the card is bad , but great that you figured it out....
2020/09/14 12:41:08
AlexeyIzi
Is there any program for diagnosing a defective video card and replacing it when detecting and confirming a marriage? Where can I turn and where can I read in detail about the steps that need to be taken?
2020/09/14 19:46:55
bob16314
AlexeyIzi
Is there any program for diagnosing a defective video card and replacing it when detecting and confirming a marriage? Where can I turn and where can I read in detail about the steps that need to be taken?

No..Return the card to where you bought it from for a replacement/refund, or Register the card if you have not already and RMA it to EVGA..Contact EVGA Customer Service.
2020/09/17 01:37:07
AlexeyIzi
I installed the video card again, managed to load windows and even tested the video card in a stress test for 40 minutes. (furmark) warmed up to 51 degrees. Then the OS independently installed some auxiliary drivers and utilities like .NET Framework 4 and asked for a reboot. After rebooting, it gave this:

utc time now

How to cure it?
2020/09/17 02:53:46
bob16314
Press F1..Go to BIOS -> Boot -> CSM and change Lauch CSM to Enabled if it is not..Then Exit..Then Save Changes & Reset..See if that matters.
2020/09/17 10:32:24
AlexeyIzi
bob16314
Press F1..Go to BIOS -> Boot -> CSM and change Lauch CSM to Enabled if it is not..Then Exit..Then Save Changes & Reset..See if that matters.

was enabled

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account