2020/09/01 18:40:19
wanescotting
For the 20 series, I ended up buying a 2080 ti black edition along with the hydrocopper block for it separately (but both direct from EVGA).
I had concerns, as I typically would not buy the lowest model in the product stack...in this case, it was a good thing. My card boosts to 1965 and has never exceeded 50.

I might do something similar with the 30 series if hydrocopper is too far away. I mean hey, if EVGA wants me to spend less for near identical performance, who am I to argue?
2020/09/01 18:44:31
NICROD
HawkOculus
NICROD
Samsung yields are low, and there is not going to be allot of stock especially the 3090.

And who told you that? Was it the little crystal ball that you got in your last box of Captain Crunch?

It's common knowledge at this point. I suggest that you wait until the 25th to buy your card. 
2020/09/01 18:47:08
gimeno
irakandjii
NICROD
Samsung yields are low, and there is not going to be allot of stock especially the 3090.

Can you provide a reliable source for this information?

A lot of YT tech channels have reported this, and it’s well known that TSMC’s 7nm process is far superior to Samsung’s 8nm.

There’s a reason AMD, Apple, etc. have soaked up all of TSMC’s capacity, which put Nvidia in a bad spot when Samsung’s yields turned out to be lower than expected.
2020/09/01 19:01:09
ekostin
I'm really curious to see the cooling performance of the 3080/3090 XC3/FTW3 variants. Nvidia really reinvented the cooling for the 3x series, including a push-pull cooling from both sides, and paying close attention to the memory which runs really hot. I have no doubt that EVGA did their due diligence, but continuing with the one-sided 3-fan approach raises some questions. I guess we will see reviews soon enough, but if the mods can comment about the heat-noise comparison vs the reference design, I would appreciate it (even on the high-level without spilling the 'secret' details just yet).
2020/09/01 19:02:55
Veratu
I agree, I asked this question earlier in the thread.

We appreciate you guys answering questions, but can you please address the cooling one.  Is your cooling design better and more efficient than the one NVidia unveiled?  Some of us are really interested in this particular aspect of the card as not all of us use water cooling and want to know how ICX3 compares to NVidias new push/pull cooling setup.
2020/09/01 19:05:34
the_Scarlet_one
I think it will be a sit and wait for reviewers to launch their video reviews of the available cards. Until then, I don’t think NVidia is going to give EVGA the stats so they can compare back and forth.
2020/09/01 19:05:51
wanescotting
Veratu
I agree, I asked this question earlier in the thread.

We appreciate you guys answering questions, but can you please address the cooling one.  Is your cooling design better and more efficient than the one NVidia unveiled?  Some of us are really interested in this particular aspect of the card as not all of us use water cooling and want to know how ICX3 compares to NVidias new push/pull cooling setup.

If the EVGA pcb is bigger, the 3 fan style might actually be better. Founders edition cards to me are more mainstream type cards, with mainstream type solutions, EVGA cards are enthusiast solutions...but your questions are certainly valid :) 
2020/09/01 19:07:07
vegajf51
gimeno
irakandjii
NICROD

Can you provide a reliable source for this information?

A lot of YT tech channels have reported this, and it’s well known that TSMC’s 7nm process is far superior to Samsung’s 8nm. 

There’s a reason AMD, Apple, etc. have soaked up all of TSMC’s capacity, which put Nvidia in a bad spot when Samsung’s yields turned out to be lower than expected.

While normally Samsung 8nm (well honestly its 10nm with small tweaks and rebranding) yields aren't as good as TSMC 7nm they aren't terrible. The main issue is the die's are huge as the process isn't very dense compared to what they planned for which in turn does hurt yeilds. Same issue Intel is having at 14nm right now, good process but dies have gotten so big it hurts yields. As has been well documented Nvidia didn't expect not to have TSMC capacity, they only got a little for there super high end compute cards which forced them to use Samsung for the rest. In turn we got huge dies with high power consumption... performance should still be excellent though!
2020/09/01 19:09:05
MikeAlert
What is the difference between the XC3 and the FTW3 Card?
2020/09/01 19:11:02
xenolith
Please tell me there will be a limit of one per order. Otherwise, the only ones that will get them are the scalpers.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account