2020/09/01 17:20:35
kougar
ehabash1
Will HC conversion water-block kits be sold for ftw3 buyers to convert their 3090s to water?
If no such kit will be sold im afraid i will purchase a FE card direct from nvidia since its the only way i can have watercooling in a timely mater.
At least with a conversion kit i can buy my 3090 and enjoy it while i wait for a waterblock

Any info on this? thanks

EVGA already has the Hydrocopper shown, and EKWB is showing off their own blocks. You'd need a special block to fit any FE card since it's a very different PCB... 
2020/09/01 17:23:42
loosik
Mroberts95
gutcheck
Mroberts95
EVGATech_DanielM
Mroberts95
Do any of those cards offer a reference PCB? I doubt EK etc will be making a block for every brand non reference pcb

FTW3 and KPE are EVGA custom PCB. 

Sweet I’ll grab an xc3 then if possible and use that with a waterblock. Thanks!

So the XC3 looks to be custom PCB as well, but not just to EVGA.  It looks very similar to Zantac's offering.  Possibly many vendors put their collective heads together and thought it would be a good idea to have a card option the same width as all our previous cards for size issues.  The FE is so wide it won't fit in every case.

Guess we shall wait and see what EKWB, AlphaCool and others release. I hope it’s a similar if not the same PCB or at least compatible. Would hate for the only blocks to be for the FE of the card.

EKWB usually releases FTW3 version of block as well further down the line, no idea how long tho, but there is one for 2080Ti FTW3.
2020/09/01 17:28:56
mosdl
Any info on the 3070 length?
2020/09/01 17:29:48
ehabash1
kougar

EVGA already has the Hydrocopper shown, and EKWB is showing off their own blocks. You'd need a special block to fit any FE card since it's a very different PCB... 

I understand this, but they said hydro isnt coming til later.......
What i want to know is if evga will release kits for the ftw3 since i doubt ekwb will do that. However,  I know that it will be very quick and easy to get a waterblock for the FE card.

Basically, I dont want to wait 3-5months for a hydrocopper that will prob be sold out before i can click... and i dont want a 3090 that cant convert to water since (besides water being better) I have a view 91 case already setup with 2 large rads dedicated to gpu on custom loop

So basically this will help me make my buying decision. will kits be sold or are they forcing you to buy the hydrocopper full out.
2020/09/01 17:31:45
Nereus
ehabash1
kougar

I understand this, what i want to know is if evga will release kits for the ftw3 since i doubt ekwb will do that. I know that it will be very quick and easy to get a waterblock for the FE card.
Basically, I dont want to wait 3-5months for a hydrocopper that will prob be sold out before i can click... and i dont want a 3090 that cant convert to water since (besides water being better) I have a view 91 case already setup with 2 large rads dedicated to gpu on custom loop

Same question here, but for hybrid kits.

2020/09/01 17:32:42
EVGA_Lee
arcky
Thanks for all the info so far. Could we please get confirmation on what "2.2 slot" and "2.75 slot" means in actual measured dimensions? Will it utilize a 3-slot IO backplate, or a 2-slot? And for the width within the case, how does "2.2" and "2.7" translate into MM for the total thickness of the card (PCB with all fans, heatsinks, etc.)?

Thank you!

I/O bracket for all models is a 2-slot bracket.  This will allow for a slightly wider card to fit in cases that some people had difficulty with on the 20-Series 2.75 slot cards.

Thickness of the 3090/3080 XC3 models with backplate (XC3 Ultra/XC3) is 1.78in. - 45.1mm.
Thickness of the 3090/3080 XC3 models without backplate (XC3 Black) is 1.61in. - 40.9mm.

Thickness of the 3090/3080 FTW3 models with backplate (i.e. all of them) is 2.19in. - 55.55mm.
Thickness of the 3090/3080 FTW3 models without backplate (manually remove) is 2.02in. - 51.35mm.
2020/09/01 17:32:49
Mroberts95
kougar
ehabash1
Will HC conversion water-block kits be sold for ftw3 buyers to convert their 3090s to water?
If no such kit will be sold im afraid i will purchase a FE card direct from nvidia since its the only way i can have watercooling in a timely mater.
At least with a conversion kit i can buy my 3090 and enjoy it while i wait for a waterblock

Any info on this? thanks

We have no idea what PCB any of the big guys like EKWB will support etc. hopefully more than just the v shaped one but we shall see as more info comes out in the next few weeks.

I’m like do I wait for the HC possibly months down the road or try and score a FE and just go with whatever blocks come out. I hope the HC drop before 2021 but we shall see as Jacob said there are not even any dates as of now which isn’t hopeful.
2020/09/01 17:34:41
xNinjas
Can someone get me the true measurements for 2.2 slots? is it like 42mm ? does evga sell any 2.2 slot cards before that i can use as a reference?
2020/09/01 17:36:21
EVGA_Lee
kougar
Hi Lee!  I am asking specifically regarding EVGA's own cards, that is if y'all are allowed to say yet. I saw EVGA's full range product page but prices weren't listed yet.

q5sys
I think he was asking if AIB cards, EVGA specifically, will start at lower prices than the FE card prices that Nvidia announced today, because that has been the case with previous generations.  But I'm going to guess that's something EVGA doesn't want to disclose at this point. 

Yeah, sorry guys.  No pricing details yet.  I wouldn't expect that until the on-shelf day that NVIDIA announced.

2020/09/01 17:44:06
ehabash1
since nobody was able to answer my question

Ekwb sold waterblocks for 2080ti Strix... which is a direct competitor to evgas ftw3.
what this is telling me is that its a no brainer to buy the 3090 Rog Strix card since i can have the upgraded custom pcb from day 1 (aka better overclocking than standard cards) and then possibly convert it to water later.
So my question is, will evga sell their own conversion kits for ftw3?? 

If not, then everyone who watercools will have to wait a long time to get their 3090.. meanwhile ppl will be enjoying cyberpunk maxed out while you will be a loser just waiting.
The alternative? Abandon evga and buy a FE card or see who alphacool/ekwb supports.... and very likely it wont be an evga card

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account