2023/08/15 19:05:22
Praemonitus
VertigoZero
Hi Lee - any chance we’ll be getting updated Nu Audio drivers this year? I have managed to get a hold of a new Nu Audio card directly from Audio Note, and would very much appreciate it if the outstanding issues could be corrected so my card would fully work as-intended, at least until a new generation of Nu Audio cards can be produced.

Update:
So I installed the Nu Audio card and the latest drivers and it all works perfectly on:
Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
OS build 22621.1555
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22640.1000.0

The software install went without a hitch. My PC rebooted twice, the firmware updated, and that was it.

JRiver Media Center 30.0.91 (64-bit) is serving up the music and it’s set to use Nu Audio [WASAPI] so there is no resampling; if the card can’t play an audio file’s bit rate natively, the music won’t play.

Right now I’m listening to Citizen Steely Dan over my gaming headphones connected via the front panel header, and it sounds amazing. I hear no background noise or interference whatsoever. I tried my Grado headphones plugged into the headphone jack on the back of the card yesterday and it was amazing how the Nu Audio could drive them way louder than I would ever listen with them.

Now I’m just waiting for the Zu Audio RCA cables to come so I can connect the card to the Hughes AK-100 SRS, and the AK-100 to the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1s - really looking forward to that experience.

I very much hope EVGA can get back to producing Nu Audio cards again, because I would absolutely be a repeat customer, and I would let all my friends know exactly what they should be putting in their PCs.

Thanks to everyone at both EVGA and Audio Note for an amazing product.

LOL...
It's a dead product.
There will be no resurgence of active support, hell, the pro card is still running on 1.0.3.
These cards aren't even recognized on the main page anymore.
I stop in once a year, give or take, notice how **** EVGA's commitment to ongoing support actually is, get pissed and walk away for another year.
No matter good the promise of this hardware, it was undercut by an absolute lack of support.
2023/08/16 11:03:54
BizSAR
EVGA still supports these cards, as far as I'm aware.
If you have issues, you can submit a ticket: EVGA - Support - Contact Us
2023/08/16 13:30:34
Praemonitus
Active product support in the form of regular software updates and drivers.
That's not really EVGA's strong suit.
The Nu Audio Pro is still running 1.0.3.
The audio cards are discontinued.
They no longer appear on the main product page.
They are EOL from a product perspective.
I don't care about email tech support.
They certainly didn't help me when upgrading from 1.0.2 broke functions in my last card...
They seemed to believe my system settings were at fault.
Amazon helped tho.
It's funny, replacing that card fixed my problem immediately.
2023/08/24 19:14:10
VertigoZero
I hope EVGA will stay in business and restart the Nu Audio line of audio cards because I am delighted with mine and would be interested in buying an upgraded card should they offer one.

I’m also quite happy with the SuperNOVA P+ 1600 Watt power supply in my FNW Talon, and should EVGA continue making power supplies I’d choose another EVGA power supply for my next gaming PC.
2023/08/31 12:32:49
playboyer
Anyone have issues with their nu audio pro mic not working? At least for me it's weird with MW2 when doing the mic test in-game. Mic doesn't work on Fortnite either. And with MW2 after while of playing there will be some static noise. I tried moving the card to another pci-e slot and still the same issue. Tried wiping the driver and software and reinstalling it but problem still persists. Decided to remove the card in run off the on-board audio and all issues are gone. Such a shame...had audio switching (from speaker to headphone)problems with the first NU Audio card so they RMA and upgraded it to the NU Audio Pro 3 years ago and now this is problem. Just checked warranty and it's expired! So frustrating.
2023/08/31 12:43:20
BizSAR
Try adjusting the mic boost. Sometimes I have to turn it on in the NU Audio app and back off again to get the mic to work.
I've not had a chance to wipe the software and reinstall to try to fix it yet.
2023/09/01 11:50:27
playboyer
I've done all that.
2023/09/01 13:15:41
ty_ger07
What sample rate are you using?  Use audio output and mic input of 16-bit with 44.1 or 48 kHz sampling rate for best compatibility and most favorable results.  Any higher is a gimmick and causes problems.

I hope it is that simple.  It sometimes is.  If the problem is something else, well, what will EVGA do to assist?

Not to dwell on the "gimmick" part, but to explain, 44.1 and higher ensures that every human-perceivable sound is reproduced.  Not only does it ensure it, but it also mathematically guarantees that it will be reproduced exactly.  You can't get any better than guaranteed by design.  Therefore, higher sample rates have no benefit, create larger file sizes for no reason, create incompatibility for no reason, often sacrifice sound quality of what humans can hear in order to create manageable file sizes and system bandwidth to store sound information about what humans can't hear anyway, and are pointless because your headphones, speakers, and microphones can't operate at those high frequencies anyway.  There is no reason to perfectly reproduce ultrasonic sound that you can't hear; therefore, stick with the lowest sampling rate necessary.  Similarly, bit depth is related to human hearing limits and relates to noise floor and signal to noise ratio.  All human-perceivable sounds and attenuation limits fit within 16 bits.  Stick with what has the widest support and isn't taxing on your system for no reason.
2023/09/14 16:27:58
bret042772
When using Discord when playing PUBG - when someone enters the channel on Discord either my in game audio stops working or I can't hear other people speak in Discord.  The only way to fix is to manually either leave the game channel and enter back into the original channel if no Discord sound, or if no in game audio I have to right click the little speaker icon in bottom right of screen for sound settings and change speaker output from speakers to SPDIF and then back to speakers.  Sometimes I have to do this several times per gaming session.  How about an updated driver fix EVGA??????  Its 2023 and there's been no driver updates since 2020???  Come on dudes.
2023/09/14 16:57:57
BizSAR
I have no issues with gaming and Discord using the NU Audio Pro, other than needing to change the mic boost in the Nu Audio app upon reboot to get the mic to work.
I've got a headset connected to the headset and mic connectors, as well as some speakers connected to the RCA jacks and switch between the two using the Nu Audio app.

@bret042772, what peripherals are you using and how are they connected? Also, what driver version are you using? Is it a Pro card?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account