2022/05/25 09:55:22
BizSAR
Are you using Windows 11? If so, this post might help (look through the thread for my post)
Otherwise, check out the troubleshooting sections in the FAQ here.
2022/07/04 11:00:30
chazcon
I got the "EVGA NuAudio init error 0x00001" and had to basically install twice.

Works great EXCEPT that on boot the app launches (not just to system tray but the full app). I have to manually close it each time. The previous driver versions didn't have this behavior.
2022/07/05 11:10:04
BizSAR
chazcon
I got the "EVGA NuAudio init error 0x00001" and had to basically install twice.

Works great EXCEPT that on boot the app launches (not just to system tray but the full app). I have to manually close it each time. The previous driver versions didn't have this behavior.

Go into the app setup menu (gear on the upper right of the UI) and check the 'Start Minimized' box and press 'Apply'.
2022/07/05 23:27:02
chazcon
OMG I'm an idiot...
2022/07/10 08:07:59
esarhaddon
I have basically the same problem. It used to work fine, but now on only a couple of web pages, it refuses to send a signal to the SPDIF. Even on the NU audio control, the Graphic does not show any %of volume. switch to headphones or a desktop speaker and it is fine. There has to be something triggering on just those few websites. Also, I believe it possible to just find some setting somewhere that would resolve this. And of course, this only started recently, probably with the latest Driver update
2022/07/10 08:48:03
esarhaddon
Update on the SPDIF issue. This is a Youtube page, which I got thinking, I listen to youtube music frequently without problem, but using the 'Brave' browser. SO, I tried the link in brave and it worked, I went back to Edge and it still didn't work. I then copied a link to a music file on youtube and opened it in a new tab in edge and that worked fine, but ALSO at the same time, this other offending page started working. There has to be something in the digital signal that is causing this to flake out. I will try it again after another reboot and possibly wait a few days to see if it comes back or if it is totally resolved.

PS the offending page is a lecture as opposed to music.
2022/08/20 13:52:54
foleyhund
I read this entire string. My desktop also has had issues with the Nu Audio driver and software. But the onboard Realtek also has installation and functionality issues. These problems are usually after a Windows 10 update, new software installing or some software updates. I use Macrium to save an image of the Windows 10 SSD when all is well and before making changes to the desktop so I can easily return to a prior state. Using multiple SSDs make this a short time investment. However, some background updates sneak in and suddenly Nu Audio is gone or malfunctioning. Sometime mid Aug 2022 Windows 10 executed some updates. Afterwards the Nu Audio totally disappeared and Windows 10 OS would not allow the any re-installation of the latest Nu Audio drivers etc. I returned the desktop to a prior state and let Windows 10 install it's updates again. Afterwards all worked fine. These pc's and their OS systems and software used are truly weird. I understand the pain many of you endure.
I'm a musician of the classics, consider myself an audiophile.  I've been building desktops since the IBM X86 thus have some experience. Further, I am using the desktop as part of the total audio listening hardware system experience. The Nu Audio feeds into a high end separates audio system.
The Nu Audio sound is by far the cleanest most precise audio for the dollar.

Asus Sabertooth Z87
Intel i7-4770k (overclocked)
16  GB mem
Windows 10 Pro Version 10.019043 Build 19043
NVIDIA Get Force GT 1030
Nu Audio 2.1.1.4

2022/10/17 12:23:37
Napalmarsch
Sadly my New EVGA Nu Audio Does Not Work its light up light a Chrismass tree and The Releais is Clicking but no Soundcard in the device manager nothing on hidden also

no idea why
2022/11/03 21:03:14
huaxiani01
Napalmarsch
Sadly my New EVGA Nu Audio Does Not Work its light up light a Chrismass tree and The Releais is Clicking but no Soundcard in the device manager nothing on hidden also

no idea why

I have exactly same issue with Windows 11. I have Lenovo Legion T7 34IMZ5. other people on reddit posted some issues with the sound card which is the same i've experienced. 

not sure if EVGA support can figure it out or not. :( 
2023/04/17 12:15:42
VertigoZero
Hi Lee - any chance we’ll be getting updated Nu Audio drivers this year? I have managed to get a hold of a new Nu Audio card directly from Audio Note, and would very much appreciate it if the outstanding issues could be corrected so my card would fully work as-intended, at least until a new generation of Nu Audio cards can be produced.

Update:
So I installed the Nu Audio card and the latest drivers and it all works perfectly on:
Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
OS build 22621.1555
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22640.1000.0

The software install went without a hitch. My PC rebooted twice, the firmware updated, and that was it.

JRiver Media Center 30.0.91 (64-bit) is serving up the music and it’s set to use Nu Audio [WASAPI] so there is no resampling; if the card can’t play an audio file’s bit rate natively, the music won’t play.

Right now I’m listening to Citizen Steely Dan over my gaming headphones connected via the front panel header, and it sounds amazing. I hear no background noise or interference whatsoever. I tried my Grado headphones plugged into the headphone jack on the back of the card yesterday and it was amazing how the Nu Audio could drive them way louder than I would ever listen with them.

Now I’m just waiting for the Zu Audio RCA cables to come so I can connect the card to the Hughes AK-100 SRS, and the AK-100 to the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1s - really looking forward to that experience.

I very much hope EVGA can get back to producing Nu Audio cards again, because I would absolutely be a repeat customer, and I would let all my friends know exactly what they should be putting in their PCs.

Thanks to everyone at both EVGA and Audio Note for an amazing product.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account