2020/08/14 07:25:24
Masteis
Hi guys,

Yesterday I bought Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8 GB, I was really excited until I realize that my PSU has no 8-pin power cable while installing.

I have checked on the internet and the reviews were both positive&negative about converting 6-pin cables to 8-pin. So got confused...

I have no knowledge about GPU power consuptions and how PSU works and really need your support :/

If I can solve this with converter, which converter should I get? I read that someone mentioned converting SATA to 8-pin is better to  6-pin to 8-pin.

If I have to buy a PSU, is there any budget one you would suggest?

I've posted my PSU details as well, 

Thanks in advance...

2020/08/14 08:08:47
Sajin
Buy a proper power supply that has 6+2 connectors. Don’t use any adapters.
2020/08/14 08:47:39
bob16314
Yep, getting another PSU would be the way to go.

Use the OuterVision Power Supply Calculator to estimate your system's wattage need and to see some recommended PSUs, but at least a 450-watt unit is recommended when using that card.

However, you may still be able to use the card in the meantime and I know you want to..Plug the 6pin PCIe power connector into the 8pin socket of the card..Yes, it will fit and can work fine, but at reduced power..If you get this on-screen upon boot, then it's game over and using the 6pin won't work.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account