2020/08/14 03:59:30
rjohnson11
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/embracer-group-has-acquired-the-developers-of-metro-exodus-4a-games/#more-143630

Embracer Group, parent company of THQ Nordic, has been on a roll of IP and developer embracings in the past years, and has now added quite the independent heavyweight to its belt. 4A Games, best known for the Metro games franchise, has been acquired by the group. 4A Games will undoubtedly continue work on another installment of the Metro franchise, which has the original author of the novels the games are based on, Dmitry Glukhovsky, attached to the project as writer. In addition to 4A Games, Embracer Group has also acquired DECA Games, New World Interactive, Palindrome Interactive, Pow Wow Entertainment, Sola Media, Rare Earth Games, and Vermila Studios.
"With the acquisition of 4A Games, Saber Interactive is locking-up one of the best indie studios in the industry with the potential and capacity to take on another AAA project and are also internalizing the value of existing and future IPs into the Group. Saber solidifies its position as a leader in the CIS and Ukrainian game developer market. Combining our technology and capabilities with 4A Games presents tremendous opportunity for growth and expansion."

Matt Karch, CEO Saber Interactive and Director of the Embracer Board
I'm actually surprised during this Corona pandemic that more gaming companies haven't consolidated. 
2020/08/14 04:24:05
Hoggle
It's a pretty major developer to be picked up since  the Metro line is pretty well established. Hopefully it's a good move and they support the developer instead of trying to rush out games as fast as possible.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account