2020/08/16 01:42:36
MSim
You are correct, bathroom caulking is not an adhesive, it can be removed without causing ANY damage. 

2020/08/16 02:48:35
Hoggle
The first thing to do before trying any do it your self fix is to read the warranty. This would be true for any brand and any company. EVGA has the Warranty posted on the website so it's easy to find and read. It's also in the manual but I know a lot of people don't pay attention to those pages. https://www.evga.com/warranty/accessories/ 
2020/08/16 05:31:52
ty_ger07
With shipping, it might not be worth your time and effort, but I do have to wonder:
If you ask for EVGA to return it to you (with shipping at your expense), if you remove and caulk, and then send it back to them for RMA, would they accept the warranty claim, or is a RMA rejection permanent and not dependent on the current condition of the product?
2020/08/18 07:27:41
Zeddivile
ty_ger07
With shipping, it might not be worth your time and effort, but I do have to wonder:
If you ask for EVGA to return it to you (with shipping at your expense), if you remove and caulk, and then send it back to them for RMA, would they accept the warranty claim, or is a RMA rejection permanent and not dependent on the current condition of the product?

The permanence of a RMA status probably has to do with 3 things.

#1. Who is submitting RMA request?  Basically if ty_ger07 or Zeddi or anyone EVGA techs don't like... RMA denied
#2. Can EVGA for any reason valid or invalid reject the claim? Thermal grease on the PCB??? RMA Denied...
#3. What is availability of the same part or a similar part in the supply chain?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account