2020/08/12 05:42:37
hartmanjasonm
I purchased the waterblock for my 2080TI Kingpin card which I had been waiting on for almost a year!  It began leaking within the first hour (all over my $750 mobo). I took the block apart and noticed a manufacturing defect where the oled/ports connect to the main block.  The plexi was sunk in past the copper so the o-rings couldn't even do their job because the plexi wasn't flush.  I knew that they wouldn't have anymore of these blocks available so I just threw some clear bathroom caulking around the ports and put the oled/port component back on the block - needless to say it didn't help.  I decided to RMA the block and guess what?.... big shocker, they denied my RMA. I went back and forth - escalating the ticket and they kept denying me.  There is no warranty void if removed warnings on the block, caulking is NOT AN ADHESIVE as listed in the warrany (some will have their own opinions here). Regardless, the block is totally defective.

I spent $350 + tax on the block and another $80 to ship it back for RMA (insurance which I believe is required).  It blows my mind that a company could do this to it's customers. In addition, I can't believe they allow customers to take apart their cards costing upwards of 1800 but applying a little bit of caulking voids the warranty. I never modified the block, and then they told me the holes for the screws are stripped in the block where the oled/port component connects. It wasn't stripped when I had the block!  What's funny is I ordered shirts from EVGA a week prior, and they screwed that order up and had to ship another. I was about to advertise for EVGA, but I think I'll just toss them in the firepit.  I used to love EVGA but the management overseeing customer service is horrible and should be replaced.  The customer is always right especially when they are shipped defective hardware. What a joke.  Now I am out over $500 for a garbage paperweight.  It's time to find someone else to purchase from. I spent thousands of dollars at EVGA, and I will be putting that elsewhere moving forward.  I'm sure EVGA doesn't care or they would have helped out given the manufacturing defects regardless of whether or not there was a little bit of caulking on the o-rings.  The stripped screw holes just reinforces the fact that the quality of these blocks aren't on par.  Booooooo EVGA!  You lost a customer!
2020/08/12 06:12:22
rjohnson11
Do you reside in Europe, the USA, Australia, or another country?
2020/08/12 06:13:40
hartmanjasonm
US
2020/08/12 08:15:55
Zeddivile
Yes. I am surprised those who get free stuff from EVGA on this forum haven't showed up to roast you, attack you and make you feel even worse then when you realized EVGA has internal anti consumer warranty policies.

The 2080TI KPE HC block had serious quality control issues and EVGA knows it.  It took a hurricane of reports and complaints on the forum for EVGA to even address the issue and some who received these blocks DOA were denied RMA.  EVGA techs suggested multiple times that people fix themselves and when people fixed they used it as an excuse to void warranty.

I guess I should say that I did get an approved claim for 1 of my KPE HC blocks, but I was ridiculed, spoken rudely to, ignored ect in the process. 

It wasn't until 5-10 other people threw a fit on the forum about receiving physically damaged blocks that my request for RMA was even responded too.

Personally I may still buy an EVGA product but cannot in good faith refer, or incorp EVGA product in builds for Clients, family and friends.
2020/08/12 08:27:44
ty_ger07
I have heard nothing but bad about this generation of EVGA waterblocks.  Broken, defective, or leak.  And even when they arrive undamaged or without defect, something is wrong in the design or dimensions so that they are tricky to mount properly and the performance is usually quite terrible until you finally find the perfect mount after try after try after try.  I wonder what it would take for EVGA to go back to a reputable manufacturer.  A manufacturer which is reputable enough that EVGA would actually be proud to reveal the name of.  The current manufacturer is top secret; and probably because it is some no-name Uyghur worker slave shop.
2020/08/12 09:12:37
Sajin
Shouldn’t have tried to fix it yourself by throwing some sealant on it.
2020/08/12 10:14:10
hartmanjasonm
Sajin

That was helpful. 
2020/08/12 10:23:53
transdogmifier
hartmanjasonm
Sajin

That was helpful. 

while I agree it's not 'helpful', it's accurate...sadly....attempting repair on your own voids warranty...

Frankly I think they ought to just help you out, but I have no power there as another user...and in no way connected to eVGA.

2020/08/12 13:28:25
ty_ger07
Sajin

Shouldn't have arrived broken; like an unacceptably high percentage of other recent EVGA hydrocopper blocks.
2020/08/12 14:29:00
Sajin
ty_ger07
Sajin

Shouldn't have arrived broken; like an unacceptably high percentage of other recent EVGA hydrocopper blocks.

True, but that is what warranty is for. I would have asked evga to cover the return shipping as well.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account