2020/08/10 11:30:58
dshelfoon
Hello,

Does anyone know or can confirm if this card (link below) 11G-P4-2383-RX qualifies for the step-up program?  I am hesitant to purchase it this close to Ampere launch with the uncertainty of the market and pricing.  

ht tps://www.microcenter.com/product/624543/evga-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-xc-ultra-dual-fan-11gb-gddr6-pcie-30-graphics-card-(refurbished)

Thanks in advance,

DevDoc
2020/08/10 11:44:31
EVGA_Lee
-RX cards, or recertified cards, are not eligible for Step-Up.
2020/08/10 11:51:03
aka_STEVE_b
nothing but brand new retail cards are allowed for the Step_up program

https://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

WHAT PRODUCTS QUALIFY FOR THE STEP-UP PROGRAM?
You can unlock the Step-Up option for most 3 Year Warranty products as long as it meets the conditions listed below. Once the Step-Up option is unlocked, you will have 90 days from the original purchase date for your product to start the upgrade process through the EVGA website. Once the Step-up process is started you will receive a confirmation email.

Register your qualifying 3 Year Warranty product purchased new from an authorized reseller within 14 days of your original purchase date.
If you should happen to miss your 14 day registration window on your qualifying 3 Year Warranty product then you may also purchase an extended warranty within 90 days of your original purchase date to enable the Step-Up option.
Don't worry, your Extended Warranty and Advanced RMA (EAR) purchases now transfers to your new Step-Up product!
The EVGA Step-Up program is currently only available to residents of the United States, Canada, and EU Countries.

2020/08/11 12:07:21
dshelfoon
Thank you all.  Anyone happen to know if extended warranty and EAR are in play for it as well? Forgot to ask originally, as both in my opinion make the EVGA experience a pleasant one.  I am getting the impression to stay away from it which is fine.  Stepping down from a 2080ti kinda sucks, to be honest, but I don't want to be left holding the bag when Ampere drops, and I am not seeing any options out there in the price range which actually should mean good things for my existing card.  I appreciate you both taking the time to respond.
2020/08/12 06:51:07
GTXJackBauer
dshelfoon
Thank you all.  Anyone happen to know if extended warranty and EAR are in play for it as well? Forgot to ask originally, as both in my opinion make the EVGA experience a pleasant one.  I am getting the impression to stay away from it which is fine.  Stepping down from a 2080ti kinda sucks, to be honest, but I don't want to be left holding the bag when Ampere drops, and I am not seeing any options out there in the price range which actually should mean good things for my existing card.  I appreciate you both taking the time to respond.

Not sure I understand your question but if you were to buy a new or used GPU, the standard warranty comes with it.  2nd hand warranties (used) starts from the day it was manufacturered and not when the original user purchased it.  The extended warranty is non-transferable.
2020/08/12 09:30:36
Cool GTX
dshelfoon

These programs (EAR & Step-Up) are Only available to New Retail products - bought from Authorized Reseller

• EVGA Warranty
  • EVGA Extended Warranty
    • (excerpt)
    • Starting on March 1st, 2013, products registered within 90 days of purchase with the part number suffix -KR* with the exception of peripherals or power supplies will have the option to purchase an extended warranty within the regions of the Contiguous United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, and Europe. The product must be purchased as new and from an authorized EVGA reseller to qualify for the Extended Warranty Program. The extended warranty will be available for purchase by the original owner within 90 days of the purchase date and a receipt from an authorized reseller is required to verify the purchase information and to validate the Extended Warranty purchase. Customers will have the option to purchase either the 5 year or 10 year program, extending the warranty by an additional 2 or 7 years respectively.
  • EVGA Advanced RMA
  • EVGA Step-Up
    • --> Only products with a 3 year warranty & recertified come with a 1 yr warranty
    • FAQ: Can I Step-Up if I'm not the original owner?
      No - Step-Up is available only to the original owner with a verified authorized invoice.

2020/08/12 09:39:24
EVGA_Lee
dshelfoon

Unfortunately, -RX cards are not eligible for extended warranty or EAR.  For graphics cards, only -KR cards are eligible for those programs.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account