2020/08/10 18:59:06
Nereus

21 years, 21 days, 21 GB memory, 21 hundred MHz boost clock, 21 hundred dollars.

..actually that's quite feasible, considering some of the rumors, lol.

2020/08/10 20:37:34
kougar
rjohnson11
Another possibility is that August 31st will see Nvidia launch its Ampere series of Quadro products, mirroring Nvidia's Turing reveal. With Turing, Nvidia revealed its Quadro RTX product line before its Geforce equivalents. and the same could hold true for Ampere. For now, all we can do is wait for August 31st. 

Thankfully that seems unlikely, NVIDIA's GeForce accounts were hyping the countdown and it's unlikely they would be using many of them for Quadro products. 

As someone on Reddit pointed out: 

"256(Geforce 256) x 21(days) = 5376
Which is the exact rumored spec of the full fat GA102."

Though, it wouldn't surprise me if Jenson picked Aug 31st just because nearly all the rumors have been saying Sept/Oct for the past year... 
2020/08/11 05:47:39
z999z3mystorys
I don't think it'd be just Quadro, as the Geforce twitter @NVIDIAGeForce accounts are promoting it, and @NVIDIADesign (the quadro twitter) isn't mentioning it.

plus hyping up a Quadro line doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, least not in this format. A quadro announcement will likely happen around the same time, but with less and a different type of fanfare.
2020/08/11 08:37:07
kevinc313
They are going to release a $20K Quadro card?  Reddit will be enthralled.
2020/08/11 08:46:15
Xavier Zepherious

NVIDIA's GeForce Special Event All-Set For 1st September, Jensen Huang To Introduce Next-Gen GeForce RTX 'Ampere' Gaming Graphics Cards

NVIDIA has also posted an official countdown timer which ends on September 1st at 9 a.m. Pacific Time. The official statement for the event is provided below:

NVIDIA will broadcast a GeForce Special Event, featuring an address by founder and CEO Jensen Huang, on Sept. 1, at 9 a.m. Pacific time.
During the event, Huang will highlight the company’s latest innovations in gaming and graphics. Tune in at https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/special-event/. via NVIDIA

2020/08/11 10:34:57
Brad_Hawthorne
How random with the iCAL and Google Calendar links. Did someone actually sit down and decide that needed to be a thing in a countdown page?
2020/08/11 11:01:07
aka_STEVE_b
Hope for the best , but prepare to be  underwhelmed per the email I just got ...

TUNE IN TO THE GEFORCE SPECIAL EVENT ON SEPTEMBER 1ST

From now until then, join the #UltimateCountdown, celebrating the biggest breakthroughs in PC Gaming since 1999.

2020/08/11 11:02:59
Cool GTX
the "Learn More" button takes you to this

Tonight I’m Gonna Game Like It’s 1999!

2020/08/11 11:19:36
Nereus

2020/08/11 11:38:34
rjohnson11
kougar
rjohnson11
Another possibility is that August 31st will see Nvidia launch its Ampere series of Quadro products, mirroring Nvidia's Turing reveal. With Turing, Nvidia revealed its Quadro RTX product line before its Geforce equivalents. and the same could hold true for Ampere. For now, all we can do is wait for August 31st. 

Thankfully that seems unlikely, NVIDIA's GeForce accounts were hyping the countdown and it's unlikely they would be using many of them for Quadro products. 

As someone on Reddit pointed out: 

"256(Geforce 256) x 21(days) = 5376
Which is the exact rumored spec of the full fat GA102."

Though, it wouldn't surprise me if Jenson picked Aug 31st just because nearly all the rumors have been saying Sept/Oct for the past year... 

In years past Quadro products were announced first and then consumer products. However maybe in an effort to beat AMD's launch they might announce both. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account