• Hardware Industry News
  • Video Memory Sizes Set to Swell as NVIDIA Readies 20GB and 24GB GeForce Amperes (p.3)
2020/08/18 10:20:29
ty_ger07
Nereus
...so this new rumor would support a DROP in prices across the board.

I don't think so.

We know that the rumor is based on zero evidence.  It is just someone's speculation.  We know that Jensen uses market analysis and an algorithm to determine the price backstage at the release announcement.  So, not even he yet knows the price.  It's a bit silly to speculate that the price comparing a 3090 to a 3080 Ti to a RTX Titan indicates a price drop, because it is just way too specific of a prediction based on way too much rumor and speculation.  Using such huge unknowns to pinpoint on a target is futile.

So, since this is all speculation, I am again going to say that I think that the prices will be on the higher side.  But price to performance is going to be very key to deciding whether it is a relative "price increase", relatively "the same", or a relative "price drop".  I think that the prices will be considerably higher than the RTX 2000 series (of course I could be wrong), but if the performance is as amazing as some rumors speculate, the "higher" price may be warranted in consumers' eyes and not much of a factor in purchase decisions.

All will be revealed in time.

2020/08/18 11:08:38
kevinc313
ty_ger07
Nereus

I don't think so.

We know that the rumor is based on zero evidence.  It is just someone's speculation.  We know that Jensen uses market analysis and an algorithm to determine the price backstage at the release announcement.  So, not even he yet knows the price.  It's a bit silly to speculate that the price comparing a 3090 to a 3080 Ti to a RTX Titan indicates a price drop, because it is just way too specific of a prediction based on way too much rumor and speculation.  Using such huge unknowns to pinpoint on a target is futile.

So, since this is all speculation, I am again going to say that I think that the prices will be on the higher side.  But price to performance is going to be very key to deciding whether it is a relative "price increase", relatively "the same", or a relative "price drop".  I think that the prices will be considerably higher than the RTX 2000 series (of course I could be wrong), but if the performance is as amazing as some rumors speculate, the "higher" price may be warranted in consumers' eyes and not much of a factor in purchase decisions.

3080 - $899 - 2% faster than 2080 Ti.  Bank on it.
2020/08/18 11:13:09
ty_ger07
kevinc313

3080 - $899 - 2% faster than 2080 Ti.  Bank on it.

lol
Ok, believe what you want.  Time will tell.
2020/08/18 12:04:26
Nereus
ty_ger07
Nereus

I don't think so.

"..this new rumor would support a DROP in prices across the board."  - that means it's based on rumor, so yeah.. of course it's entirely speculation, as is just about everything related to unreleased hardware, but based on this particular rumor, IF the 3090/Titan is going to be cheaper than the 20series RTX-Titan, then it would follow that the 3080/3080Ti would also be released at a lower price point than the 2080/2080Ti. Wishful thinking of course. :) 

I really have no idea what they will do or charge, but I am hoping, as you said, it is at worst kept relative to "2080/Ti performance per dollar" ..of course cheaper would be nicer.

I am hoping 3080 first, 3080Ti a week later, and Titan (aka 3090?) a little later, but might be the Titan/3090 out of the gate first. Hell, it could be a "2080 KO FTW STHU SSC Ti MkII OMGU812" for all I know.

2020/08/18 14:03:18
Xavier Zepherious
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Flagship Ampere Graphics Card Rumored To Cost $1399 US, Will Feature Massive 24 GB GDDR6X Memory

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Custom Graphics Cards To Cost North of $1500 US?

Another rumor from the Chiphell forum (via TechPowerUP) details the expected price point of the GeForce RTX 3090 lineup from Colorful. The Chinese graphics card manufacturer is known for some insane designs and this rumor could be linked to the leaked PCB of the RTX 3090 which is also rumored to be a Colorful custom graphics card.

• Colorful GeForce RTX 3090 Vulcan X - 13,999 Chinese Yuan
  • Colorful GeForce RTX 3090 Vulcan X-OC - 15,999 Chinese Yuan
  • Colorful GeForce RTX 3090 Neptune D - 12,999 Chinese Yuan

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-flagship-graphics-card-rumored-cost-1399-us/
2020/08/18 14:43:01
Hoggle
I am not sure I think that we would see 20 to 24GB on a consumer card anytime in the near future but it could happen as games for consoles are going to be on 4K Blu-ray discs that will allow games to grow a lot bigger. Then again people are now downloading games more then buying a physical copy. I know PC gaming is different from console gaming but the ability for console games to be five times bigger then they are now will make a difference.
2020/08/18 15:06:12
atfrico
Sure nvidia fanbase love to post rumors🙄
I thought Ryzen was too much hype but man Nvidia like injecting its programming to a whole new level🤦
2020/08/19 06:19:11
z999z3mystorys
I like the hyping and guessing/rumors, I find it fun. Granted if you put to much stock into it, it stops being fun. However with enough guesses and rumors, someone is bound to get lucky if nothing else.

What I'm getting and when it still undecided for me, I hoping things will be cheaper than expected, as I think I recall that happening before (it might have been the 400/500 series thought to be $700 for the top card when it was really $500? maybe and earlier series)

Still, as I'm still using a GTX 1080 ti, I have more than just the top card as an option for an upgrade, so I'm hoping I still have options in a good price range, even if they prices are higher than ever before.
2020/08/19 06:48:25
aka_STEVE_b
I literally just read another article that claims the 3090 will be  $ 2000 , for sure.. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account