• Software
  • Free Office Suite LibreOffice 7.0 is now available for Windows, macOS and Linux
2020/08/06 23:44:55
rjohnson11
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/free_office_suite_libreoffice_7_0_is_now_available_for_windows_macos_and_linux/1

Microsoft Office avoiders will be glad to hear that LibreOffice version 7.0 has now released for Linux, Windows and macOS, offering PC users a stronger competitor to the world's leading office suite. 

LibreOffice 7.0 delivers a lot of major changes to the free office suite, delivering increased compatibility with Microsoft's DOCX, XLSX and PPTX files. LibreOffice's new Vulkan-powered Skia graphics engine also promises to deliver GPU acceleration, and other changes to the software suite provides new features when using the platform's new ODF (Open Document Format) 1.3 file system. 

Thanks to sponsorship from AMD, the team behind LibreOffice have created their new Vulkan-powered Skia graphics engine, which is now set as LibreOfficie's default graphics engine on Windows PCs. This engine enables faster performance across all compatible systems, allowing text, shapes and images to be rendered faster and more efficiently. 

For the uninitiated, LibreOffice is a free alternative to Microsoft's Office Suite, offering users and businesses everything that the need to create spreadsheets, slideshows and documents. Below is a list of what services LibreOffice 7.0 offers. 

- Writer - A Word Processing tool
- Calc - A Spreadsheet creation program
- Impress - A Slideshow application 
- Base - A Databese construction/management software
- Draw - A Simple drawing tool
- Math - A Formula Editing Tool
With Microsoft's Office programs being as expensive as they are, it is easy to see the appeal of these free alternative tools, especially given their promise of high compatibility levels with Microsoft's Office products. 

LibreOffice 7.0 is now available to download here. Version 6.4.5 will remain available to those who'd prefer to use an older and more stable iteration of LibreOffice.  

If you're looking for free alternatives of MS Office here it is. 
2020/08/07 00:13:27
Cool GTX
Key Details of LibreOffice

very short "review" of the software on cnet.com ... also download link
2020/08/07 23:34:26
XrayMan

I have Office, and happy with it.  :)
2020/08/07 23:38:47
rjohnson11
XrayMan

Yes but a lot of people don't have the money to afford it. So this is an alternative. 
2020/08/08 07:03:36
GTXJackBauer
Thanks!  
2020/08/08 19:37:11
XrayMan
rjohnson11
XrayMan

Yes but a lot of people don't have the money to afford it. So this is an alternative. 

Gotcha!     

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account