2020/08/06 11:12:04
Asryan
Hi,

I noticed a louder coil whine for some time now and I wasn't really sure it came from the GPU.

At first I noticed it when transfering large data from one disk to another, I thought it might be SSDs but no. I swapped PSU and the issues seemed resolved but still happens sometimes.

Today I launched a game without headset and noticed a coil whine which seems to come from GPU.

Can a gpu coil whine occur when data is transfered or is it just when gaming or using graphics?

Does EVGa do RMA for coil whine? 

thanks
2020/08/06 11:39:52
ty_ger07
Asryan
Can a gpu coil whine occur when data is transfered or is it just when gaming or using graphics?

No, it shouldn't.

SSD coil whine is very common. It's usually more of a hiss sound instead of a buzzing sound.

Does EVGa do RMA for coil whine? 

Yes, but there is no guarantee that the new GPU won't whine just as much or more.
2020/08/06 14:00:35
Asryan
it's a weird squeaking noise actually 

also while gaming I have a noise that doesn't really sound like coil whine :  What can it be?
https://www.youtube.com/w...skmHkiR_TFkuC_p-kq1hL8

i did not noticed it before which is weird. 

I have my fps caped to 143 fps but the noise is audible above 40 fps (tried tu limit it with RTSS)

2020/08/07 07:06:46
GTXJackBauer
Asryan
it's a weird squeaking noise actually 

also while gaming I have a noise that doesn't really sound like coil whine :  What can it be?

i did not noticed it before which is weird. 

I have my fps caped to 143 fps but the noise is audible above 40 fps (tried tu limit it with RTSS)

Is that with load on the GPU?  If so, that sounds like GPU coil whine to me.
2020/08/07 07:19:02
Asryan
Yes it is, on idle no noise.
below 40fps, no noise either, 

When i moved the sliders in Precision the noise was jumping so yes I'm pretty sure its coil whine right?

2020/08/07 11:11:47
GTXJackBauer
Asryan
Yes it is, on idle no noise.
below 40fps, no noise either, 

When i moved the sliders in Precision the noise was jumping so yes I'm pretty sure its coil whine right?

That's correct.  For most of us, under 120 FPS it mostly goes away but above it sings like a bird.

I usually advise folks to just cap their FPS or what have you to your liking of game play and audibles.
2020/08/07 12:46:48
Asryan
Well why do I have this coil whine even at low fps then? Is there an issue?
2020/08/08 06:21:16
GTXJackBauer
Asryan
Well why do I have this coil whine even at low fps then? Is there an issue?

You might have a worse case scenario coil whine that whines at almost anything.

If it's really bad, it's your call if you want to RMA it because of it.  Get a hold of EVGA CS and go from there.
2020/08/09 12:40:53
veganfanatic
the noise could be coming from god knows where
fans usually make the most racket

my psu has a zero fan but i override it and have it on to keep it cooler

my video card seems to be quiet as EVGA fans are good quality

2020/08/13 00:28:28
Asryan

Today i've switched with another GPU and exactly same issue.

The GPU I have for now for testing (Asus strix 2080ti) had no coil one in the rig it was into and mine doesn't coil whine in his.

What could it be ? I have a  seasonic ultra prime titanium I use cable mod cables

Motherboard is maximus hero XI

I tried to :
Turn On / off Vsync
Put back original cables
reset bios settings.

Nothing worked.

I asked for a replacement of the PSU but could it be something else? I will get the same one and hope it will be fine.. For an high end expensive titanium one that sucks...

here's a video of the issue : https://www.youtube.com/w...s&feature=emb_logo

Thanks

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account