2020/08/04 17:39:14
jony529
I am a recent first time computer builder and proud owner of a 2070 Super FTW3 Ultra+ 

I wanted to change the LED color on my GPU and saw I needed to download PX1. I downloaded v1.0.6 as that was the most current version at the time. I have a set the LED color but noticed the LED mode choices seem rather limited compared to other RGB software. I see static on/off, breathing, rainbow, pulse, and temperature as my options. When I go to the PX1 webpage I see an image there that shows Flow as mode option. (1) I am wondering if there are more mode options and if so how do I enable them? I thought maybe it would require me installing the newest version v1.0.7 but that did not add any options to the mode drop down list.

That brings up my next question. (2) To install the newest version of PX1 do you have to uninstall the old and then install the new? That's what I did, but it seems like there should be a better way to update the application.

My last question, which I think I already know the answer from doing a fair amount of googling but I still want to ask in case someone knows otherwise... (3) Is there a way to sync my EVGA graphics card LEDs with the LEDs on my motherboard, RAM, and CPU cooler? I have the x570 Tomahawk, G.Skill Trident Z Neo, and Wraith Prism CPU cooler. Each of those have their own software but once I installed the RAM's software the LED settings on it seemed to get wonky and not play nice with the other ones so I uninstalled those and now am I just using Dragon Center to control and sync the LEDs on my MB, RAM, and CPU cooler. However, DC does not recognize my GPU and therefore my GPU's LEDs remain out of sync with all the rest. I think the answer is no you can't because of proprietary reasons, but I will keep my fingers crossed that someone has a solution/workaround that I haven't found yet from my searches.

Thanks!
2020/08/04 18:28:58
Sajin
1. If it isn't there then there isn't anything you can do except for try older versions which may have the option.
2. Yes.
3. Maybe... https://rgbsync.com/
2020/08/04 18:52:12
jony529
Thank you for the reply Sajin! I guess I'll try installing old versions and see what I find in terms of lighting modes. I am excited to learn about the RGB sync site. That had not come up in my searches. 
2020/08/04 18:52:55
Sajin
No problem.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account