2020/08/04 13:20:35
TheBig7913
Does EVGA recommend a particular brand/model of pump kit to use with this card? Or better yet, are there some folks with this card who would share what brand AND model of pump kit they use, and the success they've had with it? Thanks in advance.
2020/08/05 05:45:24
ty_ger07
The MCP655 or D5 is ubiquitous, but I owned one and I thought that it was too loud. Personally, I have been using a MCP35x pump for years and have had no issues or complaints. PWM control is a great feature in a pump.

Edit: Look at that beautiful green curve of the MCP35x
2020/08/06 01:34:10
AngryAce
I have an EK reservoir and pump combo. They use a D5 which has been working great for 3 years. I dont hear it even at full speed but it's never at max rpm anyway. I was thinking on trying a corsair res/pump combo if this one ever went out.
2020/08/07 07:01:53
GTXJackBauer
You could go with either or as they're both great pumps but have their advantages and disadvantages.

D5
- Lower audibles
- More flow
- Bigger in size

DDC
- More head pressure (push) for complex loops
- Smaller in size for tight spaces
- Runs louder in comparison to the D5
- Runs warmer in comparison to the D5

I've owned both in series in a dual pump configuration.  I actually enjoy the D5s slightly more because of their lower audibles but my only thing is, I have to run them harder than the DDCs because of the complexity of the loop.

ty_ger07
The MCP655 or D5 is ubiquitous, but I owned one and I thought that it was too loud. Personally, I have been using a MCP35x pump for years and have had no issues or complaints. PWM control is a great feature in a pump.

Actually the DDC pumps (MCP35X) in general are louder than D5s but have higher head pressure (push) while D5s have more flow.
2020/08/09 10:15:51
ty_ger07
Well, my D5 must have been defective but still operated properly for years. It was definitely louder than my current MCP35x. But as a matter of perspective, I had to run the non-PWM D5 at high speed to get good performance under load which created unnecessary noise at all other times; and there was no way that I was going to open up my case and adjust the pump speed with a screwdriver multiple times per day. On the other hand, my MCP35x idles at low speed, ramps based on a temperature curve, and rarely has to ramp up to high speed. So, it's just better in every way in my perspective.
And again, look at that flow versus pressure curve! It's excellent. More area under the curve = better.
2020/08/09 12:56:28
Cool GTX

Ready to try water cooling. Where to start? Library of links-basics to expert

tubing type & size, Radiator size & fans are also important to cooling your GPU or CPU with a water loop

I like my D5 pump Rigs

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account