2020/08/02 19:23:58
ineverswitchup
So I have had this card for about 3 weeks now and I idle around 48-54c and the only game Ive been playing is Apex Legends which gets up to 73-76c. Are these normal temps?
Is there a way to get a better test of my temps?

I have only downloaded the NVIDIA drivers and not the EVGA drivers if thats worth anything. Do I need to download the EVGA drivers? This is my first build and I am very new to these things.
I just want to make sure my card isnt faulty. Thanks for any feedback.
2020/08/02 20:37:18
Sajin
Yep looks normal... https://versus.com/en/evga-geforce-rtx-2070-super-xc-ultra/gpu-temp-load

The evga drivers are the same as the nvidia ones, so no you don't need them.
2020/08/02 21:43:58
bob16314
Idle temp is kinda high..Sajin has a list of things that can cause that, or it just might be caused by high ambient temp and/or poor case airflow..Remove the side panel from your PC case and see if it makes much of a difference (5C or more).

If you're not already, you can use Precision X1 to create custom fan speed curves or use the predefined aggressive curve to help keep temps down.
2020/08/03 02:04:29
ineverswitchup
bob16314
Idle temp is kinda high..Sajin has a list of things that can cause that, or it just might be caused by high ambient temp and/or poor case airflow..Remove the side panel from your PC case and see if it makes much of a difference (5C or more).

If you're not already, you can use to create custom fan speed curves or use the predefined aggressive curve to help keep temps down.

I just noticed when I freshly boot up my pc for the day GPU temps are lower around 42c and get around 50c when its been on for a couple hours throughout the day. I have a 3700x in a Fractal Meshify C with two Noctua fans although it is a mATX case if that info is of any use. Ok ill check out Precision X1.
2020/08/03 02:22:19
bob16314
See if your card's downclocking at idle or not..If it isn't, some reasons/solutions are in the FAQ below.

EVGA FAQ: Why do my GPU clocks remain high when my system is idle?
2020/08/06 03:18:49
GTXJackBauer
Your temps will be slightly higher being in a small confined case but overall they look fine.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account