2020/07/30 08:13:23
Cool GTX
major stock pullback, because of yet another major milestone missed - someone has to take the blame

Only the Corp. leadership knows the whole picture.  Was it funding, manpower, bad execution, bad planning, was management kept In or Out of the loop of potential unresolved issues that were a big danger to the timeline

Actually I'm kind of surprised only one person "got the ax"

edit typo
2020/07/30 10:24:41
Hoggle
Cool GTX
major stock pullback, because of yet another major milestone missed - someone has to take the blame

Only the Corp. leadership knows the whole picture.  Was it funding, manpower, bad execution, bad planning, was management kept In or Out of the loop of potential unresolved issues that were a big danger to the timeline

Reading the pay he was pulling in I am not surprised at all it's only one guy. With how much he was pulling in before being talked into joining Intel which probably paid more at Intel would be enough to pay 70 employees $200,000 a year. For $14 million a year results are expected.
2020/07/30 10:27:22
atfrico
Hoggle
Cool GTX

Reading the pay he was pulling in I am not surprised at all it's only one guy. With how much he was pulling in before being talked into joining Intel which probably paid more at Intel would be enough to pay 70 employees $200,000 a year. For $14 million a year results are expected.

His job performance does not match his salary. Hence the boot..ye😼
2020/07/30 11:26:27
529th
Wow.  Another woman to pull a company out of trouble.  Good Luck Dr. Ann Kelleher

Where's that article about women being handed CEO positions when companies tank, that I posted?

Thanks
2020/08/05 13:03:28
Miguell
too much of a salary ...
too much internal hassle with low performance from his part...

Intel is cleansing it's own house starting at the top!

well fine.. then..
let's see how this is going to end.
2020/08/05 14:35:48
Brad_Hawthorne
529th
Wow.  Another woman to pull a company out of trouble.  Good Luck Dr. Ann Kelleher

Where's that article about women being handed CEO positions when companies tank, that I posted?

Thanks

Putting the cart before the horse a bit. Doesn't look like they have pulled anything out of anything yet.
2020/08/13 00:45:47
knightsilver
Intel got caught with their pants down, super hard.  The way I see it, Intel needs to bring back a majoty of their manufaction back to the State side and need something crazy greatness for a GPU market, also made here in the States.  Intel use to make some pretty damn good solid motherbaords as well.  Intel isnt going to win this or stay in the game trying to hit the smaller silcone die this round, need to bring it back home to survive....
2020/08/13 09:35:53
Xavier Zepherious
Intel does not have to bring anything back to USA -it's cheaper to produce Chips elsewhere
cheaper to have FABS near the raw resources

just getting raw materials to US is more expensive let alone any labor or Energy costs...and there is still the pollution cost

they need to invest in fabs and the fab side , R&D and in Engineers - it really doesn't matter where - somewhere cheaper is better for bottom line considering they are competing against multiple fab competitors

TSMC and samsung can produce the chips for less means AMD will have the upper hand for coming years so will any competitor Chips like ARM

2020/08/13 18:49:48
kougar
What?? Half of Intel's fabs ARE in the states. The problem is it's an engineering company no longer run by engineers. If ex-employees are anything to go by Intel's been promoting ladder-climbing execs over engineers with expertise/experience for over a decade
2020/08/13 20:40:43
Brad_Hawthorne
kougar
The problem is it's an engineering company no longer run by engineers. If ex-employees are anything to go by Intel's been promoting ladder-climbing execs over engineers with expertise/experience for over a decade

Sounds like the same problem Boeing has. Corporate culture that leads to institutional cancer.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account