2020/07/28 04:50:19
aka_STEVE_b
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/27/intel-engineering-executive-murthy-renduchintala-will-leave-company.html

An important guy jumping the intel ship before it sinks....  He came over from Qualcomm only like 5 years ago , 

Intel said Monday that Venkata “Murthy” Renduchintala, the chipmaker’s chief engineering officer and group president of its technology, systems architecture and client group, will resign on August 3

2020/07/28 05:17:50
atfrico
The making of the GPUs cost Intel dearly.🤔
Some fans care to shime in?😺
2020/07/28 07:30:03
Brad_Hawthorne
aka_STEVE_b
Venkata “Murthy” Renduchintala

Sounds like a villain's name from a generic Netflix movie.
2020/07/28 11:55:01
Sajin
O_O
2020/07/28 13:21:31
larrysb
He left because they didn't make him CEO after Krzanich left. 

That's the real deal.
2020/07/28 15:23:41
Hoggle
Well with Intel paying $25 million just for the rights to hire him from Qualcomm in addition to paying him probably more then the $14 million a year he was making at Qualcomm you can really understand why after a few years he might leave after not being made CEO. This is someone who would be able to buy a mansion in mansion land and live the rest of his life in luxury spending. Sure he could have made more if he continued with Intel but I am sure he could budget it for only $250,000 a month to spend....
2020/07/28 16:31:15
vegajf51
Brad_Hawthorne
aka_STEVE_b
Venkata “Murthy” Renduchintala

Sounds like a villain's name from a generic Netflix movie.

Not to far from the truth, he needed to go. His was creating a very toxic environment.
2020/07/29 19:45:18
kougar
He's not jumping ship, Intel is laying him off because he was to some extent responsible for Intel's continual fab failures. I may root for AMD but hopefully Intel can get its fabrication act together after the reorganization, because nobody likes uncompetitive hardware and that will be the result with a third fab node miss in a row. https://www.anandtech.com/show/15932/intel-reorganizes-in-wake-of-7nm-woes-chief-engineering-officer-murthy-renduchintala-to-depart
2020/07/30 04:38:13
aka_STEVE_b
They've all been sitting on their haunches over there , for far too long ..
2020/07/30 06:51:33
MasterMiner
kougar
He's not jumping ship, Intel is laying him off because he was to some extent responsible for Intel's continual fab failures. I may root for AMD but hopefully Intel can get its fabrication act together after the reorganization, because nobody likes uncompetitive hardware and that will be the result with a third fab node miss in a row. https://www.anandtech.com/show/15932/intel-reorganizes-in-wake-of-7nm-woes-chief-engineering-officer-murthy-renduchintala-to-depart

You absolutely need to have Intel producing the “benchmark” chips that are of bulletproof quality. It’s good that AMD is competing - but without Intel the world stops spinning. It sounds like this guy was simply chilling.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account