2020/08/05 19:15:05
Airdoo
EVGATech_LeeM
Airdoo
EVGATech_LeeM

- The mic input clipping is something that appears to only affect a small number of people.  It's not something that our team has been able to recreate in-house, so I might need you to PM me more detailed information about what you're using and when/how it occurs.

Hi Lee, thanks for reaching out again. I know you're in a tough spot and we're not making it easy for you and the team.

I've tested the mic on the ATH-AG1, 2X ATH-AG1X, and now a ModMic Uni to try and see if those improve or point to an issue with with the actual devices I'm plugging in. I seriously feel like the card is providing the port with too much, current, amp, volts, what have you. I have a multimeter and I am willing to create some Frankenstein cables to test things if needed.

I'd be happy to reopen the PM we had regarding this matter already if that would be preferable for you.

What seems like a reasonable solution, if possible, is to see if we can provide a beta driver/firmware that lowers the gain on the mic for you to test. 

That sounds great, I understand that rolling a one off driver to try and nail down an issue is not ideal but I would be happy to try it.
2020/08/12 19:15:47
cloud2424
EVGATech_LeeM
Feedback I received yesterday is to look for a new driver between mid-to-late August.  It will fix one issue that people were running into regarding user account issues, but they'll also try to add any of the more recent issues people have been reporting.

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know if we will ever get EQ presets like others offer for FPS games, Movies, Music, etc..
2020/08/12 20:46:34
Vivicector
cloud2424
Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know if we will ever get EQ presets like others offer for FPS games, Movies, Music, etc..

EQ presets like that are kind of useless anyway. It just changes the sound based on some random ideas of the devs. Not really enhancing anything. EQ is there to compensate for the shortcomings of your acoustics or headphones. Or to colorize sound to your liking. You will need to set it up manually for that.

The thing I wish to see here is parametric EQ as an efficient way to compensate the room reverbs.
2020/08/15 12:00:44
Injuis
I'm am still looking for native bass management.  Right now, the only solution for us is to, during installation, disable Nahimic features and use Window's enhancements.  Pretty bad to lose features.
Also, the Windows bass management feature is pretty crappy.  If you have 'full range speakers' option enabled it basically kills the bass forwarding and disabling them severely reduces gain.  It's just all around a bad sound experience.
2020/08/24 16:25:49
Phileosophos
Injuis
I'm am still looking for native bass management.  Right now, the only solution for us is to, during installation, disable Nahimic features and use Window's enhancements.  Pretty bad to lose features.
Also, the Windows bass management feature is pretty crappy.  If you have 'full range speakers' option enabled it basically kills the bass forwarding and disabling them severely reduces gain.  It's just all around a bad sound experience.

Ditto. It's ridiculous that for a card with such pro-sumer price tag it doesn't do any proper channel handling for subwoofer audio. But then I'm talking about a driver that stops working altogether if you simply log out of Windows and log back in, so I'm giving them one last chance before I uninstall it and sell it.
2020/08/30 12:18:43
silentknyght
EVGATech_LeeM
Feedback I received yesterday is to look for a new driver between mid-to-late August.  It will fix one issue that people were running into regarding user account issues, but they'll also try to add any of the more recent issues people have been reporting.

August is about done, and I have not yet seen nor heard of any driver update (and I've checked regularly).  Continued communication & updates would be welcome.  Thanks.

EDIT: Driver 2.1.14 is available in the official driver section, dated 8/31.  Cheers.
2020/09/01 16:27:01
jmblazar
I just installed the EVGA Nu Audio card and tried to install the latest driver.  However, I get an error message saying the mfc140c.dll is missing. Reinstallation doesn't fix it.  Windows sfc /scannow finds no missing drivers.  Is this a card/driver problem?  How can I get my card to work?
2020/09/03 17:11:31
pmclean
I bought an EVGA Nu Audio card several months ago. I had an install error saying it was not installed correctly and to restart and re-install. I did so and it kept giving me the same error and same message to reinstall. I did reinstall several times. Uninstalled the drivers and app and restarted and reinstalled drivers same error. Uninstalled everything took out card, rebooted, shut down installed card in different slot and tried installing/reinstalling the drivers several more times with the same error every single time. Every time I boot up my system I get the same error message that the drivers are no installed correctly and to reinstall. 
The card works fine the whole time. I have an optical cable to my Sony AV Receiver STR-DN1080 and a set of KEF Q series 5.1 speakers, it works fine. It absolutely sounds so much better than the realtek onboard audio on my ASUS Prime Z390-A motherboard. But I still get this error message every time I start my system. 
I thought the last driver release would fix the issue but nope same thing, tried it all again reinstalling over and over, taking the card out, switching slots, reinstalling, rebooting nothing changed the error message. 
Again the card "seems" to work fine but I still get this error message.

Obviously I should have done a lot more research before I bought this. Funny thing is, I actually took several months trying to decide whether or not try an dedicated sound card or not. I always had one back in the 90's but on board sound took over on premium motherboards and I didn't use one for a long time. I read a lot about this sound card before deciding to buy it over a soundblaster card, because I always used soundblaster in the past but I thought this would be better. I never searched for problems with the card though. The main thing I was trying to decide was whether I needed a dedicated sound card, whether it would provide any tangible benefits over onboard audio. It most definitely sounds better than onboard but there is still issues. Maybe I should have gone with a Soundblaster. 

Are people having the same problem with the Nu Audio Pro cards? I wanted that model but I live in canada and the price of that when I bought mine was just outrageous. I paid over $300 for the original Nu Audio card. 

I sure wish EVGA would get their act together and put out drivers and apps that work.

My system specs;
i9 9900K
ASUS Prime Z390-A
32GB Corsair 3200 DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 3X White
Corsair Obsidian 800D Full Tower Case
Corsair AX1200w PSU
Deepcool Assassin III Cpu Cooler
9 Noctua 120&140mm Case Fans
Scythe Kaze Q-12 Fan Controller
2 x Corsair MPO510 960GB M.2 SSD, 2 x WD Blue SSD 1TB, 2 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda XT HHD - All RAID0
Samsung c49RG90 Super Ultrawide Monitor
Sony Multi Channel AV Receiver STR-DN1080
5.1 KEF Q Series Speakers
Corsair M65 Elite Gaming Mouse
Aorus K9 Optical Gaming Keyboard

I've been a PC Gaming Enthusiast for almost 30 years. I'm fairly competent building and maintaining my computers, this sound card shouldn't be any issue for me. However it has been an issue since day one, it's been a little more than 6 months since I bought. I would have expected the problem to be worked out by now.

I am very disappointed it is still a problem. I want to love this sound card because it does sound good but this problem has been going on too long. I read some reviews on amazon about people having the same problem and not even giving the card a chance just returning it or RMA'ing it because of the same error message I get. The sound worked for me so I was willing to over look this error message but it should have been fixed by now. Maybe I should start a support ticket and RMA process.

Edit-
One thing I forgot to mention is that I have also reinstalled Windows twice since first installing the sound card. That was the main reason I didn't think much of the error message in the beginning. I was overdue for a fresh install of Windows but after I did that there was no change. 
I'm running fully activated legit windows 10 pro. All drivers and windows are up to date.
Also I tried installing and reinstalling under safe mode with no change. 

Attached Image(s)

2020/09/03 17:36:51
BizSAR
Hi pmclean,
I'd suggest you contact EVGA's support team directly. Information can be found at: https://www.evga.com/support/custsupp.asp.
I've got the pro card and have not experienced this issue.
2020/09/03 19:39:54
Injuis
Will there be a software update for Pro cards?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account