2020/08/02 17:25:50
silentknyght
playboyer
Yeah I'm having sound issues in my GeForce Shadowplay recordings. Nvidia has tried to help on the issue and my solution was to uninstall Nahimic. I made a post here regarding this and none of the EVGA techs have cared to comment on it. I don't have this audio issue with my other PC with a Sound Blaster AE-9.

I reinstalled the drivers with the Nahimic add-ons.  That, combined with an ASIO buffer size of <=128 samples, I've had minimal issues (aside from continually needing to cycle through the microphone settings to wake).  That's not to say that I think this many sacrifices should be needed, but it's at least meeting some minimum requirements.
2020/08/03 04:23:31
nireyn21
To add into the woes mentioned above, I'll occasionally get an issue that drops FPS in games / high-use browser add-ons (YouTube, streaming live TV, etc) to the point that I have to entirely reboot the system to get it to work normally.

Or, at times on a fresh boot-up, it just won't manifest any sound (Spotify comes back and says 'I can't play this track' for anything I attempt to do) - and again, it requires a reboot.

2020/08/03 07:49:16
silentknyght
nireyn21
To add into the woes mentioned above, I'll occasionally get an issue that drops FPS in games / high-use browser add-ons (YouTube, streaming live TV, etc) to the point that I have to entirely reboot the system to get it to work normally.

Or, at times on a fresh boot-up, it just won't manifest any sound (Spotify comes back and says 'I can't play this track' for anything I attempt to do) - and again, it requires a reboot.

To be fair, neither of those issues sounds like it's related to the Nu Audio card or its drivers. 
2020/08/03 17:55:09
vampiricwulf
playboyer
Yeah I'm having sound issues in my GeForce Shadowplay recordings. Nvidia has tried to help on the issue and my solution was to uninstall Nahimic. I made a post here regarding this and none of the EVGA techs have cared to comment on it. I don't have this audio issue with my other PC with a Sound Blaster AE-9.

Yeah I have the same issue, it extends also to videos on Twitter, LoL both the client and the game, and Valorant both voice and game. It's random which one it will be, sometimes multiple at once. This is a severe issue, EVGA needs to say something, even if it's just a notice that they're aware of the issue.
2020/08/04 04:46:49
Hoggle
I have not had any major issues with the NU Audio since I got my first one and decided to get a second one for my other older machine. It's nice to have new drivers but I haven't noticed much if any issue. I mean I have ran into having such a high bit rate that audio in games doesn't work but that is mostly older games and easily fixed by lowering it.
2020/08/04 10:15:23
EVGA_Lee
Hi everyone, I can assure you that support most definitely has not been abandoned for the NU Audio or NU Audio Pro cards.  I've asked our Audio team to update me when we should expect to see the next drivers for these cards, as well as updates on some of the issues that have been reported.  This may take a few days.

I've mentioned this before, but we do have some limitations on our software team, and there are a number of software projects in the works.  Some that you can probably guess, and some....well, we'll just leave it at that.  With that said, we'll continue to look through the forums for issues that people are reporting and see whether we can resolve them.

Airdoo
Certainly feels like it. There have been feature requests since product launch that seem to have gone nowhere. Sidetone, Stereo Mix, and Reducing Mic Input Gain.

Sidetone, pass the microphone input back to the listener with minimal delay. Creative has had this functionality for as long as I can remember.
Stereo Mix, an input channel of the output from the output device mixed down to stereo, 2 channels.
Reducing Mic Input Gain, the current being sent to microphones is too high. This causes signal clipping. Adjusting the volume slider does not solve the problem as that is just the output volume of the resulting signal captured.

There are likely more that I'm missing but I have had this card since it was released and have been apart of the group asking for these things since purchasing this card. These are are the items I really feel are holding back this card.

I'm looking at getting the Schiit Hel pending a few questions I've put out to people who have it, while it's not perfect it does what I consider the minimum for audio products targeted towards gamers, high quality both inputs and outputs with features that make sense.

Like many of you, I own a NU Audio Pro card, and there are many QoL items that I'd like to see implemented, as well. Now that I also have a pair of speakers, my request for hotkey or otherwise toggle switching between speakers and headphones without having to use the software is without a doubt still a high-priority for me.  With regards to these:

- Sidetone, also known as low latency monitoring, is not something they can implement at this time.  My understanding is that it is something that can be added, but it will take them too much time at present.
- Stereo mix is not something that can be easily implemented.  There are a number of reasons for this, but even working with one of our software partners for the NU Audio cards to implement this in the quickest and easiest fashion would not necessarily work properly.  However, I did ask our Audio team to look into something similar, which would be easier to integrate and provide the same essential function.  I'm still waiting to hear back on this.
- The mic input clipping is something that appears to only affect a small number of people.  It's not something that our team has been able to recreate in-house, so I might need you to PM me more detailed information about what you're using and when/how it occurs.
2020/08/04 14:06:06
silentknyght
I appreciate the update, Lee.  I'm sure I, and many others, would continue to welcome regular (weekly?  bi-monthly?) communication updates, even if the software/driver updates aren't ready.

PS.  I had mic input clipping, too, but it seems to be fixed with a reduction in the ASIO sample rate.  I have an entire thread on the topic, with one extra long post.
2020/08/04 19:30:00
Airdoo
EVGATech_LeeM

- The mic input clipping is something that appears to only affect a small number of people.  It's not something that our team has been able to recreate in-house, so I might need you to PM me more detailed information about what you're using and when/how it occurs.

Hi Lee, thanks for reaching out again. I know you're in a tough spot and we're not making it easy for you and the team.

I've tested the mic on the ATH-AG1, 2X ATH-AG1X, and now a ModMic Uni to try and see if those improve or point to an issue with with the actual devices I'm plugging in. I seriously feel like the card is providing the port with too much, current, amp, volts, what have you. I have a multimeter and I am willing to create some Frankenstein cables to test things if needed.

I'd be happy to reopen the PM we had regarding this matter already if that would be preferable for you.
2020/08/05 09:53:13
EVGA_Lee
Airdoo
EVGATech_LeeM

Hi Lee, thanks for reaching out again. I know you're in a tough spot and we're not making it easy for you and the team.

I've tested the mic on the ATH-AG1, 2X ATH-AG1X, and now a ModMic Uni to try and see if those improve or point to an issue with with the actual devices I'm plugging in. I seriously feel like the card is providing the port with too much, current, amp, volts, what have you. I have a multimeter and I am willing to create some Frankenstein cables to test things if needed.

I'd be happy to reopen the PM we had regarding this matter already if that would be preferable for you.

Either works for me.

What seems like a reasonable solution, if possible, is to see if we can provide a beta driver/firmware that lowers the gain on the mic for you to test.  Since we have few complaints from most members, I don't see a change in the mic input anytime soon.  But if it's possible, maybe we can try a one-off solution.  I'll kick that idea over to the Audio team to consider.
2020/08/05 09:59:30
EVGA_Lee
Feedback I received yesterday is to look for a new driver between mid-to-late August.  It will fix one issue that people were running into regarding user account issues, but they'll also try to add any of the more recent issues people have been reporting.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account