2020/09/16 12:35:35
ty_ger07
flyingtoaster85
ty_ger07
Your point?

By hobby industry do you mean Rasberry Pi?

Ding ding ding!  Maker Space.  Cottage industries.  Hobbyists.  I pretty well spelled it out.  And Arduino.  And all of the Arduino and Pi knock-offs. And all of the DIY consoles.  And all of the retro computer clones. And all of the individual products people design and assemble in their basement and sell online.
2020/09/16 20:26:36
lehpron
ty_ger07
Ding ding ding!  Maker Space.  Cottage industries.  Hobbyists.  I pretty well spelled it out.  And Arduino.  And all of the Arduino and Pi knock-offs. And all of the DIY consoles.  And all of the retro computer clones. And all of the individual products people design and assemble in their basement and sell online.
To be quite frank, in terms of ARM systems, nVidia is a new name or just way lesser known.  All companies got help from other companies and industries to achieve their dominance, customers usually don't know what they want until you show them.  I'm saying the probability of the hobby ARM market vanishing because of the ARM purchase is going to be close to zero for a while.  

flyingtoaster85
Once Nvidia starts adding SoCs to their boards, graphics cards, CPUs, RAM and motherboards will cease to exist as you know them.
x86 Ecosystem, x86 infrastructure and the stubborn conservative tendency to just keep doing what works (along with all the tactics that Intel has mustered against AMD) is against nVidia. 

However, their work with Nintendo's Switch along with the ARM purchase is literally a threat to AMD's console dominance.
2020/09/16 22:12:02
knightsilver
quote, Flyertoast:
Not sure if you hate Apple or hate America. The fastest SoC is $400 and it’s an Apple.

do I Hate America, are you asking to have your feelings hurt dude, grow some balls dude! Just my own option, seems to be the norm thing here not to have ur own option here at evga forums....
2020/09/17 00:15:28
flyingtoaster85
knightsilver
quote, Flyertoast:
Not sure if you hate Apple or hate America. The fastest SoC is $400 and it’s an Apple.

do I Hate America, are you asking to have your feelings hurt dude, grow some balls dude! Just my own option, seems to be the norm thing here not to have ur own option here at evga forums....

Sorry I don’t understand your post.
2020/09/19 11:31:17
knightsilver
I wonder how Apple is going to take to Nvidia, lol.............

2020/09/25 09:45:51
ty_ger07
Not so official after all.

NVIDIA will purchase Arm -- only if China lets it (and US and UK and EU)
https://finance.yahoo.com...y-china-070528218.html

Apparently there were clauses in the deal to invalidate the sale pending regulator approval. It's expected to take over a year before the acquisition either becomes official or invalidated.

China approving the deal is very unlikely for the reasons the article explains.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account