2020/07/19 19:09:19
parakeet05
i reciently got a GTX 970 off of ebay, was new, had a DVI stand off missing but was able to fix that, now it is acting all buggy and not working.
specs
i7 3770
GTX 970 SSC
asus p8h67-m pro on bios 3901
16gb ddr3 1600 quad channel
2tb hdd
650 watt power spec bronze
it just started acting up now. i have had it connect through our tv using hdmi. i was tired of using a bulky hdmi cable so i switched to a xbox hdmi cable untul i get a monitor. it was working fine and now it just stopped. i turn on the pc. the card spins adn starts to work, after the cpu starts to boot, the gpu turns off, and dosnt work. idk why this keeps on happening. please help i just built it 1 week ago and its already starting to kill me
2020/07/19 20:21:32
Sajin
No video on hdmi, dvi & displayport?
2020/07/20 09:52:42
parakeet05
no video through hdmi, the 3 dp ports, or dvi. turns off after boot.
2020/07/20 10:28:01
Sajin
Inside your bios make sure the initiate graphics adapter setting is set to peg/pci.

2020/07/20 12:03:17
parakeet05
Ok so I started it again, it finally used the gpu HDMI, but said there was a problem and it was Diagnosing the problem. It’s booting now, idk why that happened but it did, but now it boots and it works now
2020/07/20 13:27:04
Cool GTX
parakeet05
Ok so I started it again, it finally used the gpu HDMI, but said there was a problem and it was Diagnosing the problem. It’s booting now, idk why that happened but it did, but now it boots and it works now

Good to see it is working

You never mention if you switched back to the heavy cable or if the lighter cable started working

GPU-Z is a free utility to show what your gpu is doing & why.  Seeing as you bought a used GPU, it is also good to confirm that it is what you think you bought

TV settings ... most require the PC to be connected to a specific port & of course that needs to be the active port that the TV is looking for a signal on
2020/07/20 16:01:05
parakeet05
oh. i did switch from a thick hard to bend hdmi cable to the shorter and more flexable xbox hdmi cable because it was hard to use. it had a problem within windows software and the fans not spinning was from me not having presision x1 to config the fan profilings. but idk what caused the video glitch. was it the different hdmi cable or was it something else

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account