2020/07/18 22:11:26
Tibbit
I bought an EVGA RTX 2060 KO Ultra a few months ago and in that time I used the audio from my H370 Stinger, with no issues. Fast forward to this week and I wanted to use this system in the living room so I decided to use the HDMI audio from the 2060 itself. Problem is, the audio from the HDMI keeps cutting off on me at random times. I can get it back of course by disabling and enabling the driver in the control panel, but it happens a lot and it's annoying. At first, I wasn't sure if it was the card. Maybe a bad cable, etc.. except I tried a different cable, but same problem. Bad TV? Nope. Tried another, and same problem.

Last idea: swapped in an old EVGA GTX 1060, and voila problem solved. No HDMI audio cut out. Except I can't use my 2060 with HDMI audio, which I really would like to do. 

Any ideas? I have the latest drivers and Googled for people having the same problems, but I'm at a dead end. 
2020/07/18 22:14:08
Sajin
Remove the nvidia hd audio driver, restart pc, and only use the windows built in driver. See how that works for ya.
2020/07/18 22:19:18
Tibbit
Tried that yesterday. I uninstalled the newest driver completely, and let Windows install the built in one, but still doesn't solve the problem.

I was hoping there was some kind of firmware update, or at least someone else having the same issue.
2020/07/19 08:54:30
Tibbit
Update: Software related, specifically an MMO I play called Everquest. Even if it's in the background it will cause the HDMI audio to cut out, randomly of course.

No big deal, but I'm mad at myself for not noticing one glaring cause for the audio cut out. Oh well. 
2020/07/19 13:51:47
Sajin

2020/08/09 20:54:19
Tibbit
I found a workaround for a problem I thought I had licked. Furthermore, it isn't just isolated to one piece of software as I previously thought. HDMI audio cuts off randomly no matter what software I run.
It just seemed to happen more often with Everquest.

Here's the workaround: I have an H370 stinger and if I go into set up and force the system to run at gen 2 instead of gen 3 PCIe, the problem goes away. No sound cutoff. I went a week without a cut off running my usual software so I know this is the deal.
At this point, I don't know if the problem lies with the motherboard, GPU or something else entirely. 

Anybody have an idea? 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account