2020/07/15 23:12:43
rsabatino
I just wanted to ask a question about the SLI bridge for 970 cards. these sli bridges are hard to come by I misplaced mine and I was trying to sell to a friend. now those bridges were just to regular sli bridges put together right? so my friend will get the same performance either way, right?
2020/07/16 00:45:14
Sajin
Normal ones will work just fine, but these are the best for the 900 series of cards.
2020/07/16 00:47:58
bob16314
You connect 2 single normal SLI bridges of the same length and get the same as 1 HB bridge.

Nothing special inside an HB bridge..Actually, der8auer did X-rays of them here..Maybe he got XrayMan to do it 
2020/07/16 15:11:07
rsabatino
ok guys thanks for the reply
2020/07/16 22:19:02
bob16314
I see Newegg has a 2 Slot EVGA HB Bridge now for only $380, or low easy payments of $63.41/mo 

2020/07/16 22:22:05
Sajin
bob16314
I see Newegg has a 2 Slot EVGA HB Bridge now for only $380, or low easy payments of $63.41/mo 

2020/08/10 11:20:13
dshelfoon
 I would also note that as others have said, it is more of an appearance thing for 970s, and will do little if anything for performance.  

Edit by Cool GTX - edited post - Sales & advertisements outside of EVGA Marketplace is not allowed
2020/08/10 11:57:10
Cool GTX
FYI:  The three styles of GTX 970s will not function in SLI together.

See the chart below to see which cards will function together in SLI.

Cards in the same group will function in SLI together. A card from one group will not work in SLI with a card from a different section.   

FAQ # 59534

GTX 970 and SLI functionality.Last Update: 2019/12/26 15:50

There are three versions of the GTX 970:
  1. A blower-style cooler with a short circuit board, 
  2. An ACX cooler with a full size circuit board,
  3. An updated version of the GTX 970, SSC, and FTW models. 

The three styles of GTX 970s will not function in SLI together. See the chart below to see which cards will function together in SLI. Cards in the same group will function in SLI together. A card from one group will not work in SLI with a card from a different section.

[Go to the FAQ Link to see the Chart it did not Copy correctly]
2020/08/10 12:58:26
HeavyHemi
Cool GTX
FYI:  The three styles of GTX 970s will not function in SLI together.

See the chart below to see which cards will function together in SLI.

Cards in the same group will function in SLI together. A card from one group will not work in SLI with a card from a different section.   

FAQ # 59534

GTX 970 and SLI functionality.Last Update: 2019/12/26 15:50

There are three versions of the GTX 970:
  1. A blower-style cooler with a short circuit board, 
  2. An ACX cooler with a full size circuit board,
  3. An updated version of the GTX 970, SSC, and FTW models. 

The three styles of GTX 970s will not function in SLI together. See the chart below to see which cards will function together in SLI. Cards in the same group will function in SLI together. A card from one group will not work in SLI with a card from a different section.

[Go to the FAQ Link to see the Chart it did not Copy correctly]

What? Yes they will. You might have to use a flexible bridge but they will SLI.

bob16314
You connect 2 single normal SLI bridges of the same length and get the same as 1 HB bridge.

Nothing special inside an HB bridge..Actually, der8auer did X-rays of them here..Maybe he got XrayMan to do it 

Actually there is. The trace lengths are tuned for higher frequency operation. There's also a sense pin so the GPU knows an HB bridge is connected.  Using two standard bridges together is not the same thing, Bob. Did you actually watch the video?
2020/08/10 13:45:11
Cool GTX
@ HeavyHemi

Your saying the physical difference is the only issue & a flex bridge "fixes" that ?

Besides the FAQ - there was this thread I found. (quote of first 2 posts)

GTX 970 SLI Issues

kajohnson89
Hi there.

So I recently got a second EVGA 970 from a LAN event and figured this was perfect since I've already owned another 970 for a little while. But, unfortunately, I cannot get these two cards to SLI together. The NVidia control panel notices both cards but the SLI option is greyed out. I've removed all NVidia drivers, restarted, reinstalled the cards and the latest drivers with still no luck. I also tried the 'DifferentSLI' program but that also is still not allowing these two to talk to each other. I have also tested my SLI cable on multiple devices and know that that is not the issue as well. Would any of you be able to confirm for me if these are going to work together?

1. EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ (04G-P4-3978-KR)

2. EVGA GTX 970 SSC (04G-P4-3979-B6)

Motherboard (just in case it's asked)

EVGA Z87 FTW (Cards are placed in slot 1 and 2 as recommended by manual)

Thanks!

ErinW
Welcome to the forums!

Certain 970s will only work in SLI with other models, as detailed in the FAQ here. If you'll register both cards, and send in a support ticket for the 3979-KB card, we'll set up an exchange to get you a card that's compatible with the FTW+.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account