2020/07/13 19:41:46
lbts1
The EVGA RTX 2070 Super is not working with my Sony XBR55X900F TV as a second monitor.

Currently set up with regular monitor, an LG 27MP57HT-P as the Primary, Number 1 display monitor (displayport connection), but when I add the HDMI cable from my Sony XBR55X900F to the RTX 2070 port there is nothing on the Sony's screen, and the Nvidia card has now made it the Number 1 display.

This leaves me with the wallpaper showing on the LG and nothing else (no taskbar, start button, icons, etc.,) and no way to access the computer and get to the Nvidia control panel to attempt a fix.

Can anyone point me to instructions to get the EVGA 2070 to work with both displays?
2020/07/13 22:59:57
bob16314
lbts1
This leaves me with the wallpaper showing on the LG and nothing else (no taskbar, start button, icons, etc.,) and no way to access the computer and get to the Nvidia control panel to attempt a fix.

Maybe press the Windows + P keys on your keyboard for Windows monitor display options, choose Duplicate and see how that rolls.
2020/07/14 20:44:37
lbts1
Thanks for the reply, Bob. Windows + P brought control back to the LG monitor, but Sony still dead black.
2020/07/14 20:48:25
arestavo
Have you made sure that the TV is set to the correct HDMI input that you are plugged into?

Have you tried with just the TV hooked up?

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

Have you tried a different HDMI port on the TV?

Have you looked in the paper/online TV manual for what settings need to be set on the TV?
https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/xbr-55x900f/manuals
2020/07/15 12:08:02
lbts1
Arestavo, thank you for your help.

TV is set to the correct HDMI Input (has previously worked on this HDMI input for past year as second monitor with radeon card), and I've tried different cables, and different HDMI ports on the Sony TV.

I tried your suggestion of TV only, had been planning to try that myself, and got flickering picture with lots of speckled dots throughout the screen. Was able to pull up NVIDIA Control Panel and attempted to make some changes, but the constant flickering on and off eventually freaked me out, leaving me scared for my $1200 TV, so I shut down. Back to the drawing board.

If I can't figure this out I'll have to go back to a radeon card, and I really don't want to do that. Again, thanks for the help though.
2020/07/15 12:52:56
Sajin
Sounds like you may have a bad hdmi output on the gpu. Connect your lg monitor to the hdmi output on your gpu to see if it also flickers.
2020/07/15 13:09:22
bob16314
See page 13 in the Driver Release Notes about 12bpc resulting in scrambled display..All I have.
2020/07/15 13:26:25
lbts1
Sajin, same HDMI connection and cable to the LG to same HDMI port on the 2070 worked fine for a week.

Bob, I'll check the release notes right now. Thanks to the both of you, I appreciate it.
2020/07/15 13:53:51
lbts1
Well, we're kind of getting somewhere. Changed NVIDIA Control Panel color setting to Default instead of NVIDIA and the screen on Sony TV came up with correct Win 10 desktop, but the flickering continued.

NVIDIA color settings were already set to 8 bpc (no other option available). Other settings are Desktop color depth: Highest (32-bit), Output color format: RGB, and Output dynamic range: Limited. Refresh rate set to 60Hz.

Thanks again, Bob. If you think of anything else please let me know.
2020/07/15 14:01:52
Sajin
Is the firmware on your tv up to date? Do older drivers from a few months ago cause the same flickering?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account