2020/08/06 13:49:54
Romeo16
arestavo
Rocking the older G10 with a Kraken X41 on my 2080 Super XC Ultra right now.

How did you remove the backplate and black plate under the heatsink and fan above the actual GPU plate? I removed all the screws at the back and on the side bracket. I've tried using some force but I am afraid to break anything.

Lol never mind. I realized there was a screw still in hidden under an EVGA sticker at the top right area of the backplate.
2020/08/07 07:03:43
GTXJackBauer
Romeo16

Lol never mind. I realized there was a screw still in hidden under an EVGA sticker at the top right area of the backplate.

We've all missed it.   That little bugger hiding behind that infamous sticker.
2020/08/07 07:47:06
arestavo
Romeo16
arestavo
Rocking the older G10 with a Kraken X41 on my 2080 Super XC Ultra right now.

How did you remove the backplate and black plate under the heatsink and fan above the actual GPU plate? I removed all the screws at the back and on the side bracket. I've tried using some force but I am afraid to break anything.

Funny enough, I removed all the screws (twice, gave up once) but could not get the backplate off without having to exert way more force than I was willing to. So, I just removed the foam padding on the retention bracket and the screw nuts in order to have the screws be long enough. Yes, my backplate is still on. It was a bugger of a time trying to line up the screws and the GPU cold plate - but it works.
2020/08/07 16:19:36
GloriousBagel
Sajin

Would these work without making modifications to the bracket? I remember seeing a video how modifications to the GPU bracket were needed in order for the kit to mount properly to the GPU.
2020/08/07 16:41:35
Sajin
Think so as it’s suppose to work with the cards as they are reference based.
2020/08/23 19:18:20
Elracing21
I want to do the same mod to my 2080s XC ultra. We're you able to keep the front plate or backplate on? Any issues with memory overheating? Also you I see you mention you use a 120mm evga aio. My rear exhaust fan is a 140mm, ideally a 140mm aio would be better so I can make use of the existing fan in push/pull. Do you have any recommendations?
2020/08/28 12:31:21
MidnightPlatinum
My 2060 KO runs really hot, as I know they are made from the lasered down die of 2080's I wonder...
is the PCB layout generally similar enough that I can use guides for putting a Kraken onto a 2080 for putting one on this card?

Mine just runs so hot, at like 80c under load in an open-air case (fairly low ambient temp, usually 22c) .  With fans at 100%.  It has started to stress me out. 

I know it seems dumb to throw a Kraken on a 2060 KO, but I'd have it for my next GPU.  Temps matter and the 2060 KO was all I could get at the time (anything else was sold out anyway that I wanted during that week of the Pandemic).  I also run it 24/7 for folding at home.  Though when it is running max FaH it is only in the 67c range. 
2020/08/28 17:59:26
GTXJackBauer
MidnightPlatinum

I know it seems dumb to throw a Kraken on a 2060 KO, but I'd have it for my next GPU.  Temps matter and the 2060 KO was all I could get at the time (anything else was sold out anyway that I wanted during that week of the Pandemic).  I also run it 24/7 for folding at home.  Though when it is running max FaH it is only in the 67c range. 

That's the good thing about the G12 Kraken and a quality AIO (recommend a 240mm) as it's pretty universal with other GPUs so even if you upgrade, you could always install it to your newer GPU.  Presuming it's compatible as most are.
2020/08/28 18:23:00
arestavo
GTXJackBauer
MidnightPlatinum

That's the good thing about the G12 Kraken and a quality AIO (recommend a 240mm) as it's pretty universal with other GPUs so even if you upgrade, you could always install it to your newer GPU.  Presuming it's compatible as most are.

Known Incompatibility - Graphics Cards Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060
per specifications tab here: https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-g12-white
2020/08/28 21:05:17
GTXJackBauer
arestavo
GTXJackBauer
MidnightPlatinum

Known Incompatibility - Graphics Cards Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060
per specifications tab here: https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-g12-white

Thanks for checking but I made sure to state that was a presumption leaving some doubt so the consumer does their homework.  

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account