arestavo
Romeo16
arestavo
Romeo16
Sajin
Yes. Use the "A" brackets for mounting.

Thanks for the confirmation!

arestavo
Rocking the older G10 with a Kraken X41 on my 2080 Super XC Ultra right now.

What kind of temperatures are you getting under load and have you overclocked?

44 to 50C depending on the game/ambient temp (4K gaming), overclocked to 2130MHz on the GPU and +1250 on the VRAM.

Damn that's amazing! Did you follow any guides to overclocking your GPU? I'm still fairly new to it so I'm going to be very careful.

Just my standard +25 on the GPU core and looping Valley and Timespy until things get crashy/artifacty, then I back it off 25MHz and test again. As for the VRAM, apparently Nvidia used faster chips yet underclocked them - so +750 to 1000 on the memory is easily reached on these 2080 supers.
2020/07/16 02:21:08
Romeo16
leegoocrap
+1 for the Kraken. 
even a small aio (I use the evga 120) keeps my 2070super around 50° under full load. 
Overclock one step at a time, testing for stability. These days it's really easy to learn as you go, and very hard to actually damage anything, you'll just get errors or bsods. Nvidia makes sure you can't put too much juice to it.

Wow that's awesome temps even with a 120mm. I have the Kraken M22 on my i7-7700k with a small overclock and it gets as high as 90C for brief moments during testing so I was a bit worried about my GPU.

arestavo
Romeo16
arestavo
Romeo16
Sajin

arestavo

44 to 50C depending on the game/ambient temp (4K gaming), overclocked to 2130MHz on the GPU and +1250 on the VRAM.

Damn that's amazing! Did you follow any guides to overclocking your GPU? I'm still fairly new to it so I'm going to be very careful.

Just my standard +25 on the GPU core and looping Valley and Timespy until things get crashy/artifacty, then I back it off 25MHz and test again. As for the VRAM, apparently Nvidia used faster chips yet underclocked them - so +750 to 1000 on the memory is easily reached on these 2080 supers.

Ok great. Thanks for the simple breakdown! Do you use EVGA Precision X1 or MSI Afterburner to overclock the gpu?
2020/07/16 06:44:05
leegoocrap
^yeah, a cpu generally takes a fair bit more power to keep cool... but outside of extreme cases, most gpu's will stay cool on a 120 (airflow, placement, push/pull/both all matter of course) and going to a bigger aio has mainly (in my experience) been for getting as close to silent as possible rather than actual temp concern.
2020/07/16 08:17:05
Romeo16
leegoocrap
^yeah, a cpu generally takes a fair bit more power to keep cool... but outside of extreme cases, most gpu's will stay cool on a 120 (airflow, placement, push/pull/both all matter of course) and going to a bigger aio has mainly (in my experience) been for getting as close to silent as possible rather than actual temp concern.

Hmm I have a Thermaltake P3 open-air case. Do you think it might be better to use the M22 for the gpu and the X53 for the cpu? The noise doesn't bother me as much since I use headphones.
2020/07/16 08:19:45
arestavo
Romeo16
leegoocrap
+1 for the Kraken. 
even a small aio (I use the evga 120) keeps my 2070super around 50° under full load. 
Overclock one step at a time, testing for stability. These days it's really easy to learn as you go, and very hard to actually damage anything, you'll just get errors or bsods. Nvidia makes sure you can't put too much juice to it.

Wow that's awesome temps even with a 120mm. I have the Kraken M22 on my i7-7700k with a small overclock and it gets as high as 90C for brief moments during testing so I was a bit worried about my GPU.

arestavo
Romeo16
arestavo
Romeo16
Sajin

arestavo

Ok great. Thanks for the simple breakdown! Do you use EVGA Precision X1 or MSI Afterburner to overclock the gpu?

I use afterburner. Precision, since it went to the X1 API, has given me problems, so I've not used it but once in the past 3 years or so.
2020/07/16 09:11:50
leegoocrap
Romeo16
leegoocrap

Hmm I have a Thermaltake P3 open-air case. Do you think it might be better to use the M22 for the gpu and the X53 for the cpu? The noise doesn't bother me as much since I use headphones.

That sounds like a good setup.  
*one thing to check with whatever aio you pick for the gpu is the length of hoses. Mine just barely makes it to the rear exhaust spot. (and wouldn't make it to the front or top) - measure twice and all that ;) 
2020/07/17 04:16:52
Romeo16
Oh by the way. Is the EVGA warranty voided for doing this by the way?
2020/07/17 06:13:21
bdary
Romeo16
Oh by the way. Is the EVGA warranty voided for doing this by the way?

As long as you don't damage the GPU you're fine.  You would also need to keep the stock cooler & put it back on if an RMA is required in the future.
2020/07/17 09:13:47
tattude69
Alphacool makes AIO's for alot of gpu's. Might be worth checking out. Not sure of the difference on physical specs between Super on Non super, i thought mainly it was faster ram. Kit#11684 list XC but not Super XC .Might be worth giving them a call. They also claim that if you send them your gpu they will make you one for free.(they are in Germany though not sure if that would work for you) One of their kits worked Great on my 1080 classified. But beware if you buy one make sure the backing plate is milled for ram and components not flat or it will have problems.i went from 61c to 46c. In my case i was not able to overclock very much but with no overclocking the GPU is running at 2000 Mhz . Where on Aircooling i had to overclock to achieve the same performance. My gpu will downclock at 37c from 2038 mhz to 2000mhz with no overclock. Good luck. These forums really helped me alot. I did quickly learn that watercooling is alot like Automotive, One size does not fit all and may require trial and error and sometimes modifications to make it all work

Attached Image(s)

2020/07/22 14:06:22
yaggaz
aces284
I see the ones listed here are compatible with the FTW models but id really like to watercool my XC since it hits 80c on some 4k titles. Any chance the official EVGA AIOs also work with the lower spec models like the XC?

What did you end up going with?  I have the Kraken G12 and a H55, with push/pull, on mine.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account