2020/07/31 11:27:18
kevinc313
Xavier Zepherious
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ampere Gaming Graphics Card Allegedly Up To 35% Faster Than Reference RTX 2080 Ti in 3DMark TimeSpy Benchmark

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ampere-gaming-graphics-card-allegedly-up-to-35-faster-than-rtx-2080-ti-in-3dmark-timespy/

Didn't the rumor mill pull the EXACT SAME THING last time and the value of 1080 Ti's crashed just prior to the 2080 release?  Yeah I thought so.  

When infact the 1080 Ti and 2080 are directly comparable.  Sigh.
2020/07/31 11:35:06
aka_STEVE_b
...35% - 55% better than previous cards...*

** on 1 benchmark under sub-zero temps , at a bloodmoon , on a  leap year   , while standing on your head. *
2020/07/31 11:35:48
kevinc313
OK I read the article.   There's no way a 3080 gets a GA102 chip.  It will have a GA103 or GA104, likely with a cut down.

GA102-200-KD-A1 is the 3080 Ti.  30% better than 2080 Ti, as expected.

2020/07/31 13:05:40
atfrico
šŸ˜®
2020/08/03 10:09:34
kevinc313
atfrico
šŸ˜®

Not sure if that's for me.

The other two cards could potentially be a 3090 ($1999) and TITAN RTX2 ($3500).
2020/08/03 16:46:03
atfrico
kevinc313
atfrico
šŸ˜®

Not sure if that's for me.
Ā 
The other two cards could potentially be a 3090 ($1999) and TITAN RTX2 ($3500).

That did not cross my mind, the 3090šŸ¤” it makes sense.
2020/08/13 09:56:01
Xavier Zepherious

NVIDIA is about to set the bar even higher; by introducing even more complex power delivery for the upcoming GA102 GPU board design, new rumors suggest.

The company has been upgrading its power delivery design for high-end models with each generation. The last 2 generations have seen a noticeable upgrade in a number of components and their quality. While the number of power stages is often meaningless to casual gamers, those seeking higher clocks are definitely going appreciate the current stability.

A new rumor suggests that the PCB might see yet another upgrade with up to 20 chokes. We are not sure which model the leaker referring to though. The same PCB is expected to be available for RTX TITAN Ampere, RTX 3080 Ti (3090) and RTX 3080. All these cards are supposedly using the same PG133 board design. There is allegedly also PG132, which was designed for board partners, but unlike the 133 it features a regular rectangular shape.
The leaked RTX 3080 PCB revealed that the company has been working on a complex irregular shaped board design with two fans pointing in different directions. Such a design required the components to be squeezed around a V-shaped fan hole. As a result, this has increased the complexity and component density on the graphics card.
@KkatCorgi:
Come on, over 20 chokesā€¦ā€¦
@kopite7kimi:
extreme compact
äøéœ²čŠ±é›Ø (Chiphell):
1. So-called 24/20GB 384/320-bit Only right on one point.
1) 3090 is 24GB this is fine, pushing up KatCorgi also confirmed
(2) then in order to high-speed video memory is not used 16Gbit particles, this is a double-sided 2Rx32 specifications, positive and negative a total of 24 stars!
2, 3080 and 3090, although using the same core, but 3080 seems to be to re-sample the PCB, rather than 3090 cut two particles made out of the
3, by the way, 3090 is an interesting arrangement of this particle, there is a particle put to the bottom
4, this time the public version of the power supply luxury is unimaginable, or cooling pressure is unimaginableā€¦. NVIDIA SMX kind of card power supply density you all understand, this time is bound to do a dense, a cylinder solid capacitors are not, instead of all the chip capacitors / tantalum capacitors.
5, is not a shaped PCB I do not know anyway, but NV this PCB layout merit to be honest!
Itā€™s better than Mrs. Suā€™s HBM card

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Ampere Enthusiast Gaming Graphics Cards To Feature Powerful PCB Designs, Over 20 Chokes Rumored For Founders Edition 

KatCorgi states that the RTX 30 series lineup, specifically the high-end GeForce RTX 3080 Ti & the RTX 3080, are expected to feature PCBs with over 20 power chokes. For comparison, the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition features a PCB with 16 power chokes. Even the fully custom GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Lightning Z from MSI comes with 19 power chokes. This seems to suggest the insane power delivery that the higher-end RTX 30 series graphics cards would require to operate.

It looks like the higher-end card is going to feature core components on both sides of the PCB to normalize the heat output from the components such as GPU, memory, and VRMS. It will be a very densely packed PCB and even with a compact PCB, we will be seeing full-sized dual-fan coolers that are required to keep the temperatures in check on these beasts of graphics cards.
From the looks of it, if Ampere gaming cards are to utilize a similar board design as the Ampere A100 EGX which is purely a datacenter oriented product, the card would have to make use of both sides of the PCB to house all of its components. The EGX board uses a 20+ power choke design too but also leverages from the use of HBM which saves the space of incorporating standard DRAM dies such as GDDR6. In the case of the Ampere gaming cards, NVIDIA would have to house either the VRM or the VRAM on the back of the PCB which might explain the dual-sided fan layout we saw on the leaked cooler shrouds.
  • The so-called 24/20GB 384/320-bit is only right.
  • 3090 is 24GB, itā€™s no problem. I also confirmed that itā€™s also confirmed by pushing KatCorgi.
  •  If the video memory is high-speed, 16Gbit particles will not be used. The same core, but 3080 seems to be a re-proofed PCB, rather than 3090 cut two particles to make.
  • By the way, this particle arrangement of 3090 is very interesting. One particle is placed underneath. Learn about agricultural enterprises?
  • The luxury of the power supply of the public version this time is unimaginable, or the heat dissipation pressure is unimaginable... You know the power supply density of NVIDIA SMX cards. This time it is bound to be densely packed. A cylindrical solid capacitor is No, all of them are SMD capacitors/tantalum capacitors.
  • I donā€™t know the different PCBs anyway, but the PCB layout skills of NV are much better than Su Maā€™s HBM series cards.
via Chiphell

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-30-ampere-enthusiast-gaming-graphics-cards-feature-powerful-pcb-designs-over-20-chokes-rumored/
2020/08/14 02:02:33
Xavier Zepherious
Alleged NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Enthusiast Ampere Gaming Graphics Card PCB Pictured ā€“ Triple 8-Pin Connectors, Tons of Next-Gen G6 Memory

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Graphics Card's PCB Leaks Out - Dual-Sided Next-Gen G6 Memory, Triple 8-Pin Connectors & A Secondary Chip

Looking at the card itself, there are at least 11 memory modules on the backside which seems to indicate dual-sided memory. Historically, cards with dual-sided memory chips feature the same amount of dies on either side so this would indicate 22 memory modules on the card. Considering these are 1 GB modules, the card could end up with 22 GB of VRAM across a 352-bit bus interface. However, earlier rumors have indicated 20 GB for the RTX 3080 Ti and 24 GB of GDDR6X memory for the flagship variant.
A recent rumor posted on Baidu forums suggests that NVIDIA is planning a 22 GB graphics card with a 352-bit bus interface so we might be looking at this right now. Again as far as core & VRAM specifications are concerned, nothing is confirmed so far. The other two interesting details is the interconnect which definitely doesn't look like the standard NVLINK design we have seen on the existing RTX 20 series cards but rather a new version.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-ampere-gaming-graphics-card-pcb-pictured/
2020/08/14 03:25:55
wmmills
Fake pict most likely. New cards are supposed to have a new 12 pin power plug, that is not that. I know people will say hey it could be just for a eng sample etc... but if your using a new plug wouldnt you want that on the eng sample too to make sure delivery is enough, correct, or just working?
2020/08/14 05:05:40
Xavier Zepherious
only founder edition suppose to have 12pin

AIB cards are standard 8pins

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account