2020/06/15 00:51:48
findme1
So I have the EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 as well as the pin diagram for it. What I am attempting to do is pull 60watts, or 12 amps off of the 5v rail to power 5M of led lights. Now I'm fairly green with electrical. It is to my understanding that, if I have an output of +5v @ 24A & 120W. Does this mean each +5v pin coming out of this PSU is feeding off that one Main +5v rail with a max available load of 24A between all pins? Now i also have to the right of the output graph another +5vsb @ 3A & 15W. Does this mean that there are two separate +5v rails coming out of this PSU, one supplying a max current of 24A and a second supplying a max current of +3A?

Ultimately I want to purchase some sata & perif "harnesses" to plug into the 3 un-used sata ports and the 1 un-used perif port. Then only use the +5v line coming out of each of the four ports to combine in parallel. To hopefully if I am correct, supply a final +5v @ 12A & 60W to properly supply my lights.

I was told my PSU is much overkill for my build, and I would like to try and harness some of that power for my lights and potential other Raspberry Pi projects. Can someone give me a bit of insight. It is my goal to avoid using yet another outlet spot and cut back on another power cord if I can manage to get this to work. Even if I am wrong on my math, could I get some assistance on figuring out how much available amperage I can collect off of my +5v rail and the best method of doing so?

Thanks guys, first post, don't kill me.

Attached Image(s)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account