2020/07/15 22:06:51
GTXJackBauer
tomwzhere

I started a support ticket and followed any instructions given and told them everything I've already done. I ran stress tests on CPU/GPU individually, memtest, check the 12V rail outputs per their suggestion on the motherboard, and eventually they said I can go through RMA process as it sounds to be the card.

Reading all these makes it seem like it really may not be my pc, but the card/model itself which is sad. I've had EVGA cards all my life and this is the first model with issues (twice in a row).

Don't be too tough on yourself.  It happens to the best of us.  Buildling PCs from 20 years ago, I had no issues for the longest time till this past decade.  Everything came raining down on me.  It's part of the game I guess and yes, you could end up with a double whammy but very rare. 

Hope your next RMA gets you back on your feet.
2020/07/16 11:02:29
KingRemInTime
I submitted ticket few days ago got no reply yet, can you tell me what they told you to do so i can do those tests and once i get a reply i can tell them results?
2020/07/18 00:21:19
tomwzhere
GTXJackBauer
tomwzhere

I started a support ticket and followed any instructions given and told them everything I've already done. I ran stress tests on CPU/GPU individually, memtest, check the 12V rail outputs per their suggestion on the motherboard, and eventually they said I can go through RMA process as it sounds to be the card.

Reading all these makes it seem like it really may not be my pc, but the card/model itself which is sad. I've had EVGA cards all my life and this is the first model with issues (twice in a row).

Don't be too tough on yourself.  It happens to the best of us.  Buildling PCs from 20 years ago, I had no issues for the longest time till this past decade.  Everything came raining down on me.  It's part of the game I guess and yes, you could end up with a double whammy but very rare. 

Hope your next RMA gets you back on your feet.

Thanks, would you suggest I go through RMA again and see if I get a working card on the 3rd or try a different model? The reason for this is because I had to actually pay shipping for the 1st RMA, which came out to about $20, and if I constantly sift through RMA's until I get a working card, I'm afraid it may just end up more than what I would've paid for a working better card.

KingRemInTime
I submitted ticket few days ago got no reply yet, can you tell me what they told you to do so i can do those tests and once i get a reply i can tell them results?

I don't know if there is a one way answer for this, but they tend to reply within 1-2 business days for their support tickets, and they would provide me with the next steps. My initial ticket is just a documented list of information with what I have done/tested, and any other information that may be pertinent like hardware specs, etc.
2020/07/18 01:26:32
GTXJackBauer
I would go with a 2nd RMA after checking the following:

- Making sure you're not overheating.  What are the temps prior to your GPU crashing?  Have it showing through the game via PX1.  If crashes continue to happen, lower the GPU temp target and see if that gives you stability.
- Have another PSU to test it out with?
- Check the CPU socket and CPU itself for any bent pins.
- Any CPU/RAM OCs?  If so, run it all at default.
- If memtest passed, than your RAM is fine.
- Running any backup power to the PC?  If so, disconnect it.

What's confusing is the fact that you're running GPU and system benchmarks just fine which makes this whole thing odd.  It could be game related with the hardware combo that you have.  Are there any other game titles you could test this with?

If the issue still persists, I would than go for the 2nd RMA.
2020/07/18 14:56:46
tomwzhere
GTXJackBauer
I would go with a 2nd RMA after checking the following:

- Making sure you're not overheating.  What are the temps prior to your GPU crashing?  Have it showing through the game via PX1.  If crashes continue to happen, lower the GPU temp target and see if that gives you stability.
- Have another PSU to test it out with?
- Check the CPU socket and CPU itself for any bent pins.
- Any CPU/RAM OCs?  If so, run it all at default.
- If memtest passed, than your RAM is fine.
- Running any backup power to the PC?  If so, disconnect it.

What's confusing is the fact that you're running GPU and system benchmarks just fine which makes this whole thing odd.  It could be game related with the hardware combo that you have.  Are there any other game titles you could test this with?

If the issue still persists, I would than go for the 2nd RMA.

- I've monitored temps through Precision X1, as well as HWMonitor and GPU-Z. All show 60-high 60's during very intensive load (i.e. COD Warzone). Every other game has run cooler, so I do not believe overheating is the cause.
- I've tested the first GPU on my original PSU (Corsair CX500, which was already in use in my system and I just upgrade specific parts). Had the issue so I upgraded to EVGA 850 GQ early on into the first GPU and issue still occurred. I have not tested it on any other GPU besides the current 850 GQ on the 2nd RMA'd card though, and I do not have any other PSU lying around besides the CX500 which was upgraded because of wattage limitations that was causing this issue. Knowing this, would you recommend I still proceed with a 2nd RMA and hope 3rd time is the charm?
- Default CPU/RAM. Was upgraded when I upgraded to the first GPU. Issue occurred pre HD partition, and after.
- Glad RAM is ruled out, I was concerned it would be left to my RAM/CPU/Mobo if GPU isn't the problem.
- No backup power.

I, as well as other friends who builds their own PCs, were all pretty confused as well. It would happen on almost every game I played (CS:GO and COD Warzone). I tested it on Divison II as well since I knew that game was pretty intensive and would crash fast and it did crash there. One game I tried that did not crash was Warcraft 3: Reforged playing custom games/Bloons TD (pretty non-intensive games). I'm not sure if the intensity of the game necessarily matters or not, though CS:GO itself is not all that intensive, so I've been left stumped.

2020/07/18 16:29:50
GTXJackBauer
Yeah at this point it looks like the RMA is your best call.  I mean if you had backup parts to swap out and rules things out sure but understandably not everyone has that option. 
2020/07/25 17:35:31
tomwzhere
GTXJackBauer
Yeah at this point it looks like the RMA is your best call.  I mean if you had backup parts to swap out and rules things out sure but understandably not everyone has that option. 

My friend had just upgraded his GPU so he let me use his 980, I played 2 30+ minute games on COD: Warzone and have not had any crashes. Given it is only 2 games, both 2070 cards I had would crash within the first 30 minutes, and I could not even finish 1 game. I did DDU safe mode no network, for uninstall and install of the 980 drivers also to ensure I was testing on correct drivers. Seems to really be something with this EVGA 2070 Super XC model as others in this thread have same exact issue, and I do not have any issues on the 980.  

I've also sent in the 2nd card for RMA today, hopefully this 3rd model will be the lucky one and I get a working card. Thanks for everyone's help in this thread.
2020/08/01 13:51:41
tomwzhere
An update for those who have the same issue. Got my 3rd card yesterday back from RMA. Played an hour yesterday, and an hour today no crashes default settings. Looks like it really is a card issue, and the 3rd RMA has sent me a working one.
2020/08/02 00:10:38
GTXJackBauer
tomwzhere
An update for those who have the same issue. Got my 3rd card yesterday back from RMA. Played an hour yesterday, and an hour today no crashes default settings. Looks like it really is a card issue, and the 3rd RMA has sent me a working one.

2020/08/02 03:17:42
felijevga
tomwzhere

Nice to hear! I also got an RMA about a week ago now, and no issues thus far except for a slight coil whine, which I'm hesitant to risk another RMA for! Hopefully no one else has this issue either.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account