2020/07/07 21:41:55
tomwzhere
EVGATech_DanielM
tomwzhere
screwtech02
Well, if your downclocking your card, and that seems to correct the issue, that leaves about 2 things, either the card, or the cooling on the card.  I'd take it back up with support and see what they say.

I actually RMA'd my first card, and issue still occurred on the 2nd card. I haven't had a chance still to test on a different system since I gave my old parts to a friend, and don't want to go out too much during quarantine right now. In the meantime, if there are any other ways of confirming whether I just got extremely unlucky with 2 defective cards in a row, I'm all ears though.

What PSU are you using? Are you using 2 cables going to the card or 1 with 2 connectors? Downclocking the card that much is very strange. I see your original card did fail testing but not for what the RMA was started for. 

I was initially on an old Corsair CX500, and thought that was the issue so I upgraded to EVGA 850 GQ. I used 1 cable with 3 and 3+2 ping for the first card, and for a while on the second. I read somewhere that splitting it to 2 separate pci-e cables may help so I am now running 2 cables but issue still persists.
2020/07/10 19:42:29
Calebaustin99
Also having this issue! Upgraded from a MSI 2060 to the EVGA 2070 Super Ultra Plus. Stuff keeps getting blocked!
2020/07/13 14:41:18
tomwzhere
Calebaustin99
Also having this issue! Upgraded from a MSI 2060 to the EVGA 2070 Super Ultra Plus. Stuff keeps getting blocked!

Let me know if you ever find a fix. I'm essentially living with it before I can test it in another system.
2020/07/13 14:42:55
Calebaustin99
I lowered the clock on it for now and it’s working until EVGA or anyone can do something about it
2020/07/13 15:21:57
tomwzhere
Calebaustin99
I lowered the clock on it for now and it’s working until EVGA or anyone can do something about it

Was there a specific amount you had to lower it by? First card, I lowered by approximately 150, then it started happening again and went to 200 before RMAing. Now on second card, I'll had it on almost all underclocks and have just left it at the lowest, -1000, and have not had any issues since.
2020/07/13 19:00:30
AngryAce
tomwzhere
Calebaustin99

Was there a specific amount you had to lower it by? First card, I lowered by approximately 150, then it started happening again and went to 200 before RMAing. Now on second card, I'll had it on almost all underclocks and have just left it at the lowest, -1000, and have not had any issues since.

Why would you settle for a card that needs to be under clocked to work correctly?
2020/07/13 21:33:50
tomwzhere
AngryAce
tomwzhere
Calebaustin99

Why would you settle for a card that needs to be under clocked to work correctly?

I initially wasn't, hence the first RMA. After the second, I couldn't tell if I got super unlucky or if is something wrong with my other hardware or even software maybe (even though I did full reformat). I still haven't been able to test in another system, which is why I've just lived with it for now until I can cross out specific parts fully.
2020/07/14 16:44:36
KingRemInTime
Im still having this problem and frankly I am so tired of dealing with this. This is my first EVGA product and i am beyond disappointed. Can you tell me what i need to do to test for issues and RMA?
2020/07/15 01:15:39
felijevga
Wanted to chime in as it seems I'm having the same issue, with the same card (2070 Super XC Ultra) - is this is a widespread issue with this model?
2020/07/15 20:52:09
tomwzhere
KingRemInTime
Im still having this problem and frankly I am so tired of dealing with this. This is my first EVGA product and i am beyond disappointed. Can you tell me what i need to do to test for issues and RMA?

I started a support ticket and followed any instructions given and told them everything I've already done. I ran stress tests on CPU/GPU individually, memtest, check the 12V rail outputs per their suggestion on the motherboard, and eventually they said I can go through RMA process as it sounds to be the card.

Reading all these makes it seem like it really may not be my pc, but the card/model itself which is sad. I've had EVGA cards all my life and this is the first model with issues (twice in a row).

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account