2020/05/27 11:03:52
Llyncs
Hello,

So we bought an EVGA 2060 Super card from our local Microcenter a little over a month ago and things seemed to have been working out fine until we started running into a problem we eventually saw as potential artifacting when playing games with 3D assets (I say this because it doesn't seem to be doing much with 2D games and if it's there we don't recognize it). We called the support line for EVGA, got some recommendations to try. Saw Sajin's post on Basic Troubleshooting and gave all of those a try and nothing fixed the issue. We ended up calling Support and the card was RMA'd. We waited for about a week and a half for the card to come back, and it came this morning. When we plugged it in and turned on some games, we were experiencing the same issue as if the card was never replaced or fixed. We don't know what's going on, and we would like some help if can get it.

Below are some video captures we made before the card was RMA'd. We didn't feel the need to make new captures since we are experiencing the same issues. It's also worth noting that some games are worse than others. We hope this helps in trying to solve our issue, and thank you for any help.

(In the interest of your time, we forwarded to the parts where it is most visible/prevalent)

Borderlands 3 is pretty obvious
Witcher 3 you can focus on the sword and potential environments "stretching"

If you need anymore information, we can gladly post what we know.

Thanks
2020/05/27 11:05:49
Cool GTX
post released form Filter

Welcome to the EVGA Forums

Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members
2020/05/27 11:11:08
Cool GTX
Post your PC hardware specs

OS details - is it up to date ?

Nvidia Driver & what you changed in Nvidia Control Panel

Did you load Nvidia's Game Experience ?

What Monitor & Cable are you using ?

2020/05/27 11:35:19
Llyncs
Here's all the information that you requested Cool GTX

CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Mobo - Asus ROG Strix X570E-Gaming
GPU - EVGA 2060 Super
RAM - G-Skill Ripjaws 32GB
PSU - Corsair RM750

Windows 10 - is up to date.

Nvidia Driver - 446.14 (Game Ready Driver not Studio Driver (though issue is also there as well))
We did make the attempt, as mentioned in Sajins post, to try Debug mode and MSI Afterburner steps. All failed to rectify the issue.

We have tried loading through Nvidia's Geforce Experience and it still does the same thing.

We are using a Display Port and HDMI cable for dual screens. One of the monitors is an LG IPS224V, the other is more of a small tv and is Philips LCD 22-24". We experience the same thing on both screens.
2020/05/27 12:00:06
bdary
Are you using an adapter for the cable connecting to your primary display?  If so, maybe it went bad...?
2020/05/27 12:05:52
Llyncs
bdary,

We aren't using any adapters, we are just plugging the cables straight into the GPU. We tried probably 4 different cables to no avail :(
2020/05/27 12:38:57
Cool GTX
make sure you are using a Certified DP cable    Products Database - DisplayPort

They do Not have to be expensive cables ... certified Does matter  How to Choose a DisplayPort Cable, and Not Get a Bad One! - DisplayPort

UltraAV® DisplayPort to DisplayPort Version 1.2 Cable | Accell  I use this @ 4 meters long on a 4K monitor --> buy ver 1.4 if 2 meter cable is good for your setup

Test with 1 Monitor ?

What resolution & refresh settings on monitors ?

Run GPU-Z -- look at Sensor Tab (record it to see what GPU is doing while gaming)

Playing Online or single player with game loaded On your PC ?
2020/05/27 13:46:30
Llyncs
We bought new ones as per one of the recommendations from Support so we know they are fine. We primarily use the HDMI for gaming instead of DP. Even if we take out the DP and just use one monitor we are encountering the same issues. This is over multiple cables, not just the new one.

The Philips screen 1080p with a refresh rate 60Hz.

We made a log of the GPU-Z sensor data, though to be honest we are not sure what we are supposed to be looking for and I can't upload a .txt document here. Is there something I should be paying attention to?

We are, for the most part, only playing Single Player games. Online games still encounter these issues however it happens less so than single player.
2020/05/27 19:20:34
Llyncs
An update, a friend brought over their custom pc to try and help with this issue. We decided to take the GPU out and install it in their machine and the GPU ended up working fine. I wish we could have known this sooner but we are thankful he's been happy to help. If anyone runs across this issue, just know that we have tried swapping out different RAM and PSU cables. We are thinking it may be the Motherboard at this point.

Thanks for all the help Cool GTX and bdary, we really appreciate it.
2020/05/27 20:21:00
Sajin
Driver issue? Did both systems use the same graphics driver?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account