2020/05/21 09:52:16
PeterRD
I bought a Nu Audio card in April and I am having many problems with driver 0.2.1.10 (and older). I have  raised a ticket but so far no joy.  I'm running Win 10 Home 64bit, latest build on an Asus Prime H270Pro board.  I bought it primarily to record vinyl so I have my deck plugged into the line inputs (through a phono amp of course) and the output to my amp.  Following issues:
1.  If I just play a record and want to listen, can't - there is no sound (though system sounds do play).  Windows sound settings shows there is an input.  If I plug headphones into the Nu Audio headphone socket, no sound.  The only way I have been able to get the card to work, strangely is when I use my audio capture software for recording - Wave Corrector Pro. It has an 'Aux Monitor' switch - if I tick that, the Nu Audio interface comes to life and shows the input sound and output and the headphone output works as well.  I guess this gives a clue as to what is going on but I can't find a permanent fix.
2. The load and save buttons on the Nu Audio interface software are greyed out.  Nothing I do makes them usable.
3. The Nu Audio interface is only available to my Windows administrator account.  It is not visible to my User accounts.  EVGA suggested 'elevating permissions' so I tried that, no difference.  I did find a work around by pinning the NuA file to the user start menu and then running as administrator.
4. If I do boot into my Windows User account I always get a message saying that I need to restart to finish loading EVGA drivers (don't get this message if running admin account).
I have tried running this card with driver 0.2.1.7, no difference other than the User account error message not present (fantastic!).  I have tried running driver version 0.1.3.1 in Windows 7 compatibility mode (copying how I successfully run my aged M Audio 2496 card with its Win 7 driver on a Win 10 machine).  Still no joy.
I have disabled all other sound devices and re-installed the Nu Audio drivers countless times, each time wiping all trace of previous installs.  Nothing makes a blind bit of difference.  The second response I got from EVGA was simply to make all my user accounts administrator accounts - hardly the right fix and that would only address point 3 above.
I'm really disappointed in this outcome and not impressed with EVGA's support.  I don't have a choice but to return this card.
2020/05/21 14:57:51
EVGA_Lee
Hi PeterRD, let me have our Audio team review your issues.  Let's see if we can resolve this for you.
2020/05/21 16:57:47
EVGA_Lee
While I'm waiting for our team to chime in, I'll offer some advice for your first couple of points.

PeterRD
I bought a Nu Audio card in April and I am having many problems with driver 0.2.1.10 (and older). I have  raised a ticket but so far no joy.  I'm running Win 10 Home 64bit, latest build on an Asus Prime H270Pro board.  I bought it primarily to record vinyl so I have my deck plugged into the line inputs (through a phono amp of course) and the output to my amp.  Following issues:

1.  If I just play a record and want to listen, can't - there is no sound (though system sounds do play).  Windows sound settings shows there is an input.  If I plug headphones into the Nu Audio headphone socket, no sound.  The only way I have been able to get the card to work, strangely is when I use my audio capture software for recording - Wave Corrector Pro. It has an 'Aux Monitor' switch - if I tick that, the Nu Audio interface comes to life and shows the input sound and output and the headphone output works as well.  I guess this gives a clue as to what is going on but I can't find a permanent fix.

2. The load and save buttons on the Nu Audio interface software are greyed out.  Nothing I do makes them usable.

I'll address the second point first.  The load and save buttons do not do anything in the NU Audio Software.  The overall UI shares the same UI as some of our other products which use the Save and Apply (i.e. Precision X1), but all changes made in the NU Audio SW are done instantly (with the exception of a short delay on EQ changes).  No need to save or apply, with the exception of creating custom 10-band EQ profiles.

Getting back to the issue with your vinyl player --> NU Audio card.  This is pretty much expected, as something needs to record or process the input, and identify it as a source to the NU Audio card for playback, much like what you use with Wave Corrector Pro.  I asked our friends at Audio Note, and they recommend that you use a DAW for this purpose.  You can both record and specify an output to listen to the audio at the same time.  Here's a paraphrased quote about your situation here:

"In such circumstances, I would jump directly to using a DAW and maybe that's not an obvious answer to a casual user. In that case, it's possible to monitor the same input you are recording or are about to.  It would be better to use a DAW anyway, as you can get much better results, but the learning curve is a little bit steeper.

Audacity is pretty simple to use.  I use Harrison Mixbus 32C, but it's not free. If you are used to using a real desk, then there is no substitute, and it sounds awesome.  Cakewalk is properly pro level and free, Reaper is good, Tracktion is good, PreSonus Studio One is good, FL Studio is good, and there are others (some are expensive, and some are challenging to get working, like ProTools). I would suggest to play around and find something that works intuitively.  If you are going to digitise your vinyl collection, it's well worth the expense and time to do it properly in my view. Once those albums and singles are sold, there is no going back."

Here are some of the tools he referenced:
I'll post again when I hear back from our Audio team about the Windows issues.
2020/05/22 04:54:47
PeterRD
Hi, Typical, after I made my post, I was able to resolve my first issue.  I went into Windows Sound Control Panel / Recording / EVGA Line In/Listen and ticked the listen box.  I can now listen to audio being fed to my linein input. This has also resolved the horrendous latency I was experiencing though the Wave Corrector software (greater than 1 second between stylus down and hearing anything).  I've never had to go into this menu for my MAudio card!
Thanks for confirming that the Load and Save buttons are meant to do nothing.  Perhaps that should be stated somewhere in the manual? I was expecting that if I set some equalisation settings that I'd be able to save them, and then load them, if necessary.  Seems a reasonable deduction to make as the buttons are there!  Thanks for the recording suggestions.  I'm happy with Wave Corrector Pro, and compared to other software offering a declick function, it's the best I've found by far.  Others I tried impacted on the sound so much they were a waste of time.

So that just leaves my points 3 and 4 to resolve.  When loading the interface software I'd like to be given the option to install for all users, not just the administrator account.  I'll put up with the update error message.  Perhaps both issues could that be resolved in the next update.
2020/05/22 10:00:17
EVGA_Lee
PeterRD
Hi, Typical, after I made my post, I was able to resolve my first issue.  I went into Windows Sound Control Panel / Recording / EVGA Line In/Listen and ticked the listen box.  I can now listen to audio being fed to my linein input. This has also resolved the horrendous latency I was experiencing though the Wave Corrector software (greater than 1 second between stylus down and hearing anything).  I've never had to go into this menu for my MAudio card!
Thanks for confirming that the Load and Save buttons are meant to do nothing.  Perhaps that should be stated somewhere in the manual? I was expecting that if I set some equalisation settings that I'd be able to save them, and then load them, if necessary.  Seems a reasonable deduction to make as the buttons are there!  Thanks for the recording suggestions.  I'm happy with Wave Corrector Pro, and compared to other software offering a declick function, it's the best I've found by far.  Others I tried impacted on the sound so much they were a waste of time.

So that just leaves my points 3 and 4 to resolve.  When loading the interface software I'd like to be given the option to install for all users, not just the administrator account.  I'll put up with the update error message.  Perhaps both issues could that be resolved in the next update.

Yes, the Listen option will work that way.  I figured you'd want a more advanced option, but silly me, lol.

You can set profiles for your EQ settings.  On the 10-band section, you just need to select one of the User Profiles, then click the "+" button to name the profile, and then it will save the settings.  You won't be able to edit or modify that profile, but you can name a new one and delete the old one (or keep it).

Regarding 3.  The Audio team can duplicate the issue, but needs more time to fully debug and solve it via a driver update.  However, there is a short term fix they wrote up in a PDF, which I'll pass to you that should fix the issue.  It's pretty similar to what you've figured out, however: https://cdn.evga.com/nuaudiocard/How_to_Use_NU_Audio_APP_on_Different_Windows_Account.pdf

Regarding 4.  The Audio team appears to have figured out why this occurs.  We'll need to work with Nahimic to resolve it, so I don't yet have an update on when this will be resolved.
2020/06/02 02:01:16
leto_zero2
PeterRD

4. If I do boot into my Windows User account I always get a message saying that I need to restart to finish loading EVGA drivers (don't get this message if running admin account).

Same problem.
2020/06/08 14:28:49
xPLACEBOx
PLEASE TRY THIS, IT WORKED PERFECT:
I spent half a day installing and uninstalling this and that, and no joy. The last time I tried a new box popped up after the 'drivers failed to install properly' that said 'shut down, uninstall audio card (including SATA Cable), reseat the card, and reinstall drivers from your download folder'. So I  did this, and it worked on the first try. I think SSD or NVME drives operate so fast that it just skips over that. The only reason I caught it was because I left off the Nahimic drivers on my last retry. So basically this is what I  did that worked:
Download and run all drivers with card installed and plugged in>>error will come up 'drivers not installed properly, restart and reinstall from download folder'>>shutdown your PC>>remove Nu Audio card and unplug SATA>>reseat Nu Audio card and plug SATA cable back in>>turn on PC>>reinstall drivers from your download folder, NOT the website>>that should do it. It worked straight away for me, I have been using my PC for several days, and no issues. I hope that helps.
2020/06/10 08:16:36
xPLACEBOx
I should have prefaced that with the fact that the Nu Audio card worked for about 45 minutes after the initial install, then it quit and the error messages started popping up. So this wasn't due to initial incorrect installation of the card. It would take a lot of work to install an x1 card incorrectly. 
So the above solution should be completely valid for people getting the 'driver install error, please reinstall' message. 
2020/07/03 11:00:21
PeterRD
Thanks xPLACEBOx.  Unfortunately that did not work for me but I think my issue is slightly different.  In my Windows admin account the drivers are OK, it's only in a Users account that I get the message to reboot the PC to complete EVGA driver install, everytime.

EVGATech.  Do you have a date when new drivers will be available?  It's been about 6 weeks since I raised the issues I've been having.  Appreciate Covid19 may be slowing things.

I'm also intrigued as to why using a DAW would give better results than using software such as Wave Corrector Pro? - I'm not a musician, I only wish to achieve faithfull copies of my vinyl.  I've installed ASIO4ALL so I can use an Asio connection, avoiding using the system's drivers, I get that issue.  I am trialling Isotope's RX7 as a recording and declicking application as a more modern application than Wave Corrector Pro.  First impressions are very good and of course the NuAudio card itself I'm pleased with.  If the already described issues could be resolved by driver update I'd be a very happy customer.
2020/09/28 13:46:37
PeterRD
Stumbled across the new driver - version 2.1.14 during my periodic checks for a new driver.  Installed the new driver (also now running win 10 2004) and I'm happy to report that issues 3 and 4  that I originally reported have been resolved - the Nu Audio software is available to Users as well as Admin accounts and no pop up message when booting into a User account.    Just a shame EVGA didn't let me know an updated driver had been issued that resolved the issues I had reported.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account