2020/05/10 08:08:51
Silverback4
Hi, I've just installed my new 2080 super ftw3. I booted the PC up and it was fine installed drivers etc then restarted all fine. I then shut the PC down and booted again, there was 3 red lights that came on and the fans went to full speed and didn't go until I shut the PC down. It seems that it does this every other time I start my PC after shutting down. This seems to be a common problem with these cards, Does anyone know If there is a fix for this issue? Is it safe to use still when its not in flash mode? I'm using two separate 8 pin cables and my power supply is a corsair hx750i. Upgraded from a evga gtx 1080 ftw2 which was a brilliant card and led me to purchase this one, So pretty annoying this one isn't working correctly. I'm hoping i wont have to rma the card. 

Any help much appreciated. 
2020/05/10 08:20:57
rjohnson11
Your post was stuck in the spam filter. Sorry for the delay. 
2020/05/10 08:34:07
rjohnson11
On your video card I believe you have a switch that can be moved from normal to OC. Does this happen when the switch is in either position:

2020/05/10 08:57:04
Silverback4
rjohnson11
On your video card I believe you have a switch that can be moved from normal to OC. Does this happen when the switch is in either position:

I put into oc mode straight away so i will try the normal mode, thanks.
2020/05/10 12:24:15
Sajin
Enable erp mode inside your motherboard bios if available.
2020/05/10 12:45:33
Cool GTX
Sajin

+1

Also turn Off fast boot in BIOS  &  In Windows 10 --> turn Off Fast Startup
2020/05/10 15:13:39
Silverback4
Sajin

Thanks so much. I have enabled erp mode and it seems to have fixed it. I have tried it 10 times and the 3 red lights have not reappeared! What does erp mode actually do? and why wouldn't it work without it enabled?  
2020/05/10 15:14:56
Silverback4
Cool GTX
Sajin

+1

Also turn Off fast boot in BIOS  &  In Windows 10 --> turn Off Fast Startup

Thanks. I already had both fast startup options turned off. enabled erp and seems to have fixed it. 
2020/05/10 15:33:04
Sajin
Silverback4
Sajin

Thanks so much. I have enabled erp mode and it seems to have fixed it. I have tried it 10 times and the 3 red lights have not reappeared! What does erp mode actually do? and why wouldn't it work without it enabled?  

No problem. https://www.onecomputerguy.com/erp-ready
2020/05/11 04:57:46
Silverback4
Sajin
Silverback4
Sajin

No problem. 

I've just had an email from evga support today. They said the 3 red lights is usually associated with dirty power and that it is a protection mode to prevent damage and to obtain another PSU to test with? Just trying to make sure this card isn't faulty before i give my 1080 to my brother. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account