2020/08/05 00:37:52
bob16314
In Precision you can double-click inside the Fan Curve Editor to change it from a curve to steppings, and vice-versa, and see if steppings help any.
2020/08/05 11:42:26
DeadlyMercury
bob16314
In Precision you can double-click inside the Fan Curve Editor to change it from a curve to steppings, and vice-versa, and see if steppings help any.

No, it would not help.
Even if you set up your curve as flat line (like constant 100% or constant 70% or something like that) - every update interval fan will stop and start. So you can only set constant rpm (not custom curve) or let vbios control fan.
2020/08/05 13:56:17
ZoranC
bob16314

Please re-read my post and you will see it has nothing to do with what custom fan curve looks like and it has everything to do with fact one is trying to use one regardless of what it looks like, just like DeadlyMercury too said.

I’ve double checked that yesterday while on the call with EVGA support by making PX1’s custom curve flat, which should be an equivalent to fixed RPMs. I still experienced same issue but I don’t experience it when RPMs are set to fixed RPMs and custom curve is not used.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account