2021/07/17 02:32:15
pbalogh
Thanks a lot!
2021/08/02 12:27:19
aspevacek
I have a random issue with the screen going black for 2 to 3 seconds randomly. I have almost everything disabled on the machine and it keeps happening.
The system is an intel i9 9900K 
                         Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
                         64 GB of G Skill F4-3200C16-16GTZR
                         EVGA 2070 FTW
                         ACER CG437K 
                         The issue just popped up a week ago and I have tried everything I could think of fix the issue. If I restart windows, it will be gone for several hours but then it starts up again. I have checked temps right after it does it. Does not matter if it is surfing the web, playing a game or setting the desktop. The system is water cooled using EKWB parts, and the EVGA water block for the card. I noticed there was a lil space at the top of the water distro block last week so decided to drain and flush the system and do a color swap on the coolant. Thinking that may have caused the issue but the issue promptly returned. Could it possibly be an issue with the card out putting to the monitor? My issue with that thought is the monitor never pops up a signal loss message. The only game I play is World of Warcraft so I am not running dual DP cables to drive the monitor at 144hz. 
2021/08/08 22:24:25
chesternguyenify
Just reinstall OS works best
2021/08/09 13:31:56
aspevacek
chesternguyenify

Did that, fixed random black screen issue but found a new issue. If I turn off the monitor then turn it back on, it acts as if there is no signal from the video card, ( will even give the no signal message. ) 
Actual cause of original issue was norton 360, all the other black screen issues went away once I uninstalled Norton. The new issue is going to keep me occupied trying to figure that one out. 
2021/08/29 13:56:46
XrayMan

Thanks for the guide. It's helping people.    
2021/08/29 14:40:33
Cool GTX
aspevacek
chesternguyenify

Did that, fixed random black screen issue but found a new issue. If I turn off the monitor then turn it back on, it acts as if there is no signal from the video card, ( will even give the no signal message. ) 
Actual cause of original issue was norton 360, all the other black screen issues went away once I uninstalled Norton. The new issue is going to keep me occupied trying to figure that one out. 

If your using a DP cable make sure it is "certified" https://www.displayport.org/products-database/

If your monitors have  "Deep sleep" disable it

Look for firmware updates to your monitors

Unplug Monitors, then reattach power plug ... do they wake-up ?

Troubleshooting black or blank screens in Windows 10
(excerpt)

If you experience a black or blank screen on your Windows 10 device, try the following:
  • To wake the screen, use one of the following keyboard shortcuts: Windows logo key + P  or   Ctrl + Alt + Del
  • For a black screen, use the following keyboard shortcut: Windows logo key  + Ctrl + Shift + B.
  • For more info, see Troubleshoot black screen issues on Windows 10.
2021/09/23 02:13:45
Kasque
that might be a good idea 
2021/09/30 10:51:05
Ghaschke
i would try to do a hard reset
2024/07/15 23:31:36
Kerttu
This is good stuff thanks!

2024/07/16 01:33:25
rjohnson11
Kerttu