• Folding@EVGA
  • New FaH Client - New Folding@home software with the option to prioritize COVID-19 projects
2020/04/17 18:54:58
Cool GTX
New FaH Client - (Out of Beta)

https://foldingathome.org/start-folding/

Windowsfah-installer_7.6.9_x86.exe

New Folding@home software with the option to prioritize COVID-19 projects
April 17, 2020

by Greg Bowman
In response to popular demand, we have created an update to the Folding@home software that allows you to prioritize COVID-19 projects. We encourage you to upgrade as the new software includes important bug fixes and security updates. Downloads are available here. Please also join me in thanking the Center for the Science and Engineering of Living Systems (CSELS) at Washington University in St. Louis for funding the development of this software update.

Our top priority for this release was to add the COVID-19 option as quickly as possible. We also took the opportunity to fix many of the issues raised by our volunteers, but did not address those that would have caused significant delays in the release of the new software.  To better address important bugs in the future, we’ve organized a team of volunteer developers who are sorting through and prioritizing our issue tracker on GitHub.  They are already making huge strides.

Looking towards the future, we are also working on a new Open-Source Folding@home software.  This new software will improve the performance of Folding@home and make it easier to get the community involved in its development.  By tapping into the massive amount of technical talent available in the Folding@home community, we believe we can produce better software with a more engaging and productive user experience and update that software more often.  More information about the availability of this new software will soon be announced on this blog.

2020/04/17 20:30:50
kougar
How about prioritizing ANY projects  I've had a grand total of 6 projects today, and my 1080 Ti can easily chew through 14 a normal day. 

Thanks for the heads up with the new version, I'll update soon as this project wraps! 
2020/04/17 22:45:27
notfordman
^^^ Same card/s same sentiment as Kougar...05:36:08:ERROR:WU00:FS01:Exception: Could not get an assignment
05:39:18:ERROR:WU00:FS01:Exception: Server did not assign work unit. ect.ect.  Installed updated client, same result. 
Can you leave it at any disease, or do you have to pick covfefe-19?

Hey Kougar, if it's any consolation, I had 2 wu today, 3 yesterday, 0 3 days ago.  
2020/04/18 10:56:23
notfordman
I should have started with a THANK YOU to CoolGTX, for the info and links. Now I am getting WU, but can't successfully upload results. Whah! 
2020/04/18 11:14:38
Cool GTX
I also Feel your Pain on Not uploading ... finished WU

I've got 12 of these Now --> Using Beta

Rebooted Modem & Routers yesterday

Quit & reopened FaH client

Reboot PC

No Joy

All the WU are CV-19 related, sigh 

(4) - 14561
(6) - 14562
(2) - 14563

I'm killing Beta flag to see what happens until the "stuck WU upload"

6 Hours later - Still have 8 WU stuck / can not upload the Finished WU

All of these are WU:

Work Server 128.252.203.2
Collection Server 0.0.0.0
2020/04/19 23:27:21
kougar
notfordman
^^^ Same card/s same sentiment as Kougar...05:36:08:ERROR:WU00:FS01:Exception: Could not get an assignment
05:39:18:ERROR:WU00:FS01:Exception: Server did not assign work unit. ect.ect.  Installed updated client, same result. 
Can you leave it at any disease, or do you have to pick covfefe-19?

Hey Kougar, if it's any consolation, I had 2 wu today, 3 yesterday, 0 3 days ago.  

By default it is left as "any" for preference, so no worries! I just thought it was funny F@H is really upselling the covid19 focus, when even with regular+advanced clients they can only keep things running under 50% saturation.

As for your clients, ouch! Be aware that as the client fails to get WUs it bumps the timer... after X number attempts it will wait literally 8 hours before trying again, which is unreasonable. I restart the client to reset the timer after it gets past 30 minutes between checks, at least when I am around to check it.
2020/04/28 09:25:29
Cool GTX
pinned after removing Old client thread
2020/04/28 12:41:38
GP300
Thanks for pinning at the top!  Hope it helps someone along the way.
2020/05/08 08:11:18
Jim74205
Thanks for the updated link, installed and running and chugging away!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account