2020/04/12 08:20:38
Pilsner73
Just wondering if anyone else has this card and noticed some odd behavior with the cooling system.  Major issues is the fans just spin up to full speed for 1-5 seconds when the computer is not even doing anything, according to monitors the temp isn't even over 41 at the time.  The other is when gaming the card is kind of loud though at least I know the fans should be running during this.

I talked to support, they did acknowledge the issue and recommended for a work around the X1 software but I gave it a try and was underwhelmed, software lacked what I consider good instructions and also seemed buggy (software would just close for no reason).  

I upgraded from an Evga ftw 980 sc that was rock solid in the cooling and noise department and expected similar results.
2020/04/12 12:10:01
Sajin
RMA Time.
2020/04/12 15:21:55
Pilsner73
Sajin
RMA Time.

I already returned the first one for a second one, same behavior.  I think it's something with the model/bios.
2020/04/22 10:53:07
Pilsner73
Just wanted to update, when playing Doom eternal the fans are spinning at moderate speed but they make an odd and to my ears very annoying sound, I don't think it's coil whine since it's not there when the fans are stopped, and it actually goes away when the fans spin at higher speed.  Just seems when the fans run at this speed they make this odd groaning noise.  This is my second card, I returned the first thinking it was a bad one to see same behavior with the replacement. The second card when i received it the screws on the backside were loose too.  

I contacted support but they keep advising my to use X1 software which I tried and it has it's own issues.  I don't overclock just want a solid performing graphics card was hoping this model would perform well for that task but so far two cards with issues.

2020/04/22 11:06:37
GTXJackBauer
It could be that the fans are stop and starting if your temps are around the 40c-50c range.  You could see if manually setting up a fan curve in PX1 to keep the fans running will stop this noise you're hearing.
2020/04/22 11:17:17
Pilsner73
GTXJackBauer
It could be that the fans are stop and starting if your temps are around the 40c-50c range.  You could see if manually setting up a fan curve in PX1 to keep the fans running will stop this noise you're hearing.

That fans are constantly running when playing the game even when at menus.
2020/04/22 13:44:18
Sajin
Pilsner73
Sajin
RMA Time.

I already returned the first one for a second one, same behavior.  I think it's something with the model/bios.

You could always try flashing a different vbios to the card to see if that will fix it.

2020/04/22 14:24:37
Pilsner73
Sajin
Pilsner73
Sajin
RMA Time.

You could always try flashing a different vbios to the card to see if that will fix it.

Not even sure where to find bios versions, I asked support and they said no updates.  Also wouldn't this invalidate the warranty if something goes wrong?
2020/04/22 14:28:50
Sajin
Pilsner73
Also wouldn't this invalidate the warranty if something goes wrong?

Yes, but there are ways to fix your card even if something does go wrong. Your warranty can remain valid as long as you send the card in with the original vbios loaded to it if you ever need to rma.

Plenty of other 2060 super vbios's to choose from here... https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=NVIDIA&manufacturer=&model=RTX+2060+Super&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=

If you brick your card you can always fix it doing this... https://www.overclock.net/forum/74-graphics-cards-general/1612108-brand-new-method-how-unbrick-flash-almost-any-card-amd-nvidia.html
2020/04/23 11:11:00
Pilsner73
Sajin
Pilsner73
Also wouldn't this invalidate the warranty if something goes wrong?

Yes, but there are ways to fix your card even if something does go wrong. Your warranty can remain valid as long as you send the card in with the original vbios loaded to it if you ever need to rma.

Plenty of other 2060 super vbios's to choose from here... 

If you brick your card you can always fix it doing this... 

Thanks for the suggestions - I do not see my current version of Bios listed so don't see how i can go back to factory original.  As for building a device to reflash my card that seems like it would be nice for someone look to play around with bios versions but I'm just looking to fix mine.

Thanks for the suggestions I'm hoping EVGA is working on a fix for these issues.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account