2020/03/28 11:33:54
dbashby
I purchased a new case for my system, and at the same time I installed an EVGA 1000 G+.

This was about a month ago. I also installed a bunch of Corsair QL series fans, an MSI Rtx 2070 super, and have H100I platinum water cooling.

The first time I powered up the computer, I heard a loud click that sounded like it came from the power supply. However, everything is functioning normally.

I noticed that I heard that click for about the first week.

Now when I wake the computer, after it is completely at the desktop, I can hear a buzzing, which slowly fades out.

I have not narrowed it to the power supply, but I am wondering if anyone else has had their power supply make a buzzing sound on startup.

It seems like everything is working fine.
2020/03/28 11:47:20
Cool GTX
sorry for the delay - post release from filter

Welcome to the EVGA Forums

You can edit your post & add a few spaces - it would increase the readability of your post

Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

2020/04/01 10:02:11
bob16314
You can do a Forum Search (at the top-right of this page) for "PSU clicking" and you'll get lots of hits.

Your PSU probably has a mechanical electromagnetic relay in it that's making the noise.

Scroll down this page at TechPowerUp to the photo that shows it and says "The NTC thermistor responsible for protection against large inrush currents is near the capacitor on the main board. The small white box in front of it is an electromagnetic relay that isolates it from the circuit once it finishes its job."

You should return it/exchange it where you bought it from or Contact EVGA Customer Service about it..It should not be making any noise other than the normal fan noise, like everything else.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account