2020/03/26 11:25:22
tattude69
I just purchased a CLC 280 to replace my aging H1i00i and i am finding the Flow Control Software to be useless.The CLC 280 is advertised as total control over Pump and fans and that is not the case.  No matter what the software defaults to 25% minimum and 100% at 60c. So i was wondering if anyone has had succcess using different control software. I was under the impression most CLC are Asetek so i was hoping maybe their was alternative like Precision X1 vs Afterburner?   i never thought their robust software would be so horrible compared to Corsair Link. For anyone thinking about this product please be aware software is horrible and fans are laughable to say the least. I replaced fans with ML Pro 140 so that fixed that problem. Now i would just like to figure out solution to software because i love the way the Evga logo matches my GPU. Always hated the corsair logo

Attached Image(s)

2020/03/26 16:08:11
zoglog
I've been asking if the software will even get an update for over a year now. Crickets
2020/03/26 16:48:47
tattude69
Tech support swore that an update is coming soon for whatever that is worth. He had no experience with this product. So far my work around for lack of push pull support was to use motherboard fan headers for the 4 ml pro 140 fans mounted on radiator mounted in front of my case. i am using the the fan header off the pump to control 2 AF 120 case fans. Starting to think i might be better off with a different product. So far this product feels like its 10 years old compared to my 4 year old H100i

Ok so HWinfo sees all the info from the pump and see's the CLC 280 as a NZXT Kraken X series. So i am going to try running NZXT Cam and see if that works better. Will update

Ok so to update NZXT Cam does see the unit as a Kraken it will let you control fans and gives traditional profiles (quiet,performance) manual, and profile curve that is not locked
sensor readings and very basic lighting control color change,off,blinking. It does not seem to control the pump speed with any consistency. Have to run test later to see if it overrides preset temps. I am using motherboard to control cooling pump fans and have pump hooked to case fans so my cooling is no longer affected by pump. Catch is now that I have it tuned my cpu is never hitting 60c to test. Cooling is awesome with a 280mm in push pull hottest cpu temp was 50c running benchmarks
So far playing witcher it stays in the low 40c s
2020/07/05 23:35:01
fireye
I went looking for other software options as well.  I can also confirm that the NZXT Cam software does work, the Pump is greyed out but you can set it to "fixed" or "performance" and it seems to control it.  Fan speed seems to work well and can be tied to CPU, GPU or Fluid temps.

I also found this project:

While it's definitely aimed at Linux, I was able to get it successfully working on Windows.  I grabbed the pre-compiled Windows release, and had to replace the Driver in use the Zadig utility.  Selecting the 690LC device in Zadig, and replacing the driver with WinUSB, allowed liquidctl to access and control it.  The only downside I've found is that it only seems to operate on the fluid/liquid temps, not CPU.  That's really what I wanted, so it suits me fine.

C:\tools\liquidctl-1.3.3-bin-windows-x86_64>liquidctl.exe status
Asetek 690LC (assuming EVGA CLC)
├── Liquid temperature        36.0  °C
├── Fan speed                 1500  rpm
├── Pump speed                2910  rpm
└── Firmware version      2.10.0.0

Edit: Looks like the forum is stripping my link, search for liquidctl on github and you'll find the project.
2020/07/10 09:27:50
tattude69
I Ended up just running the pump full speed off of motherboard and use an AquaComputer Octo to control fans and monitor all info from the CLC 280mm.  But thanks to their horrible software I learned about Aquacomputer Software and fan controllers. Learned to watercool my gpu and was able to use one software and device to control multiple cooling solutions with ease. I might not of gotten the product i had hoped for but the experience was worth it. Evga still has the Best GPU's and Support in my opinion, HWinfo and Aquasuite can Read info from CLC but not control

Attached Image(s)

2020/07/11 20:21:29
VooDooPC
fireye
I went looking for other software options as well.  I can also confirm that the NZXT Cam software does work, the Pump is greyed out but you can set it to "fixed" or "performance" and it seems to control it.  Fan speed seems to work well and can be tied to CPU, GPU or Fluid temps.

I also found this project:

While it's definitely aimed at Linux, I was able to get it successfully working on Windows.  I grabbed the pre-compiled Windows release, and had to replace the Driver in use the Zadig utility.  Selecting the 690LC device in Zadig, and replacing the driver with WinUSB, allowed liquidctl to access and control it.  The only downside I've found is that it only seems to operate on the fluid/liquid temps, not CPU.  That's really what I wanted, so it suits me fine.

C:\tools\liquidctl-1.3.3-bin-windows-x86_64>liquidctl.exe status
Asetek 690LC (assuming EVGA CLC)
├── Liquid temperature        36.0  °C
├── Fan speed                 1500  rpm
├── Pump speed                2910  rpm
└── Firmware version      2.10.0.0

Edit: Looks like the forum is stripping my link, search for liquidctl on github and you'll find the project.

How did you get the EVGA CLC to show up in the NZXT Cam Software?

I'm using an NZXT X62 on my 2080ti and I see that fine in NZXT, but the EVGA CLC 280mm on my 3900X doesn't show up there. The CLC does show up in Flow Control, but that software is useless trash.

If I can't figure it out within the next week, I'm going to return the awful EVGA AIO and buy another NZXT.
2020/07/13 11:10:18
tattude69
All i did was install NZXT Cam with the usb hooked up on the Evga CLC 280 with flow control installed. Both Nzxt Cam and HWINFO64 see it as a Nzxt device. (Even after removing Flow control software)
2020/08/20 17:28:40
feliperyan
Also using NZXT software here, so I can run fans at 660RPM while idling (like right now) instead of a minimum of a noisy 1200RPM. After all the damn reviews I read, not one person talked about this. It would definitely have been worth paying more to get the Kraken if I knew about it.

However the EVGA RTX2070 Super Hybrid is working great.
2020/08/24 07:11:33
_2100_
Personally I only use the Flow Control software just to set the pump speed and have the fans running to my case's fan hub and let the BIOS run the fans.  

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account